How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

BoltBait

BoltBait: 

I located you and 4 others who also have plug-in packs from this website: https://www.guidingtech.com/paint-net-plugins-2019/. I know a good bit about how to go into C Drive to run my older design software in Compatibility Mode...  However, these files are strange to me and not all of these packs came with Installers. Only 2 that I could locate. Yours was the only one recently updated. Most were last updated 2014, 2016, 2018. I'm honestly uncertain about both folders (FileType, Effects) and wonder if there are a few which belong in the opposite file!! I can't email you, but could you email me with "Verifying folders" in the Subject line so I know it's you? As you are a coder and moderator, I know you could look through both quickly and see anything that might be in the wrong folder.

My email is: <snip>. I would appreciate this small kindness and would gladly pay for your time via your Donate button if you could get these two straightened out for me. Let me know if you have the time to do this favor. Thanks!

~Laura Shinn Designs

author/designer/formatter

39 minutes ago, LSDesigns said:

I located you and 4 others who also have plug-in packs from this website: https://www.guidingtech.com/paint-net-plugins-2019/.

I'm glad to see that they aren't hosting the plugins themselves but are pointing users here to the Paint.NET forums.

41 minutes ago, LSDesigns said:

I'm honestly uncertain about both folders (FileType, Effects) and wonder if there are a few which belong in the opposite file!!

Just create a thread HERE and show us pictures of your two folders (showing the entire window, so we can see the path, etc.) and someone will help you sort things out.

There's no need for payment for technical support.  However, if you enjoy my plugins, I'm always willing to accept a donation (as are other plugin authors and Rick Brewster the author of Paint.NET itself).

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

I just downloaded it and the download button worked fine. Maybe your anti-virus software is being overly protective. 

Yeah it works with my anti-virus turned off but when I turn it on again it dident allow me from running the installer becouse it said it can harm my computer :P

Hello ^^ @BoltBait
I didn't see you reply to my message, did you see what I notified you about the two plugins "Object Shadow" and "Object Shadow Pro"?

I don't want to sound annoying or insistent but I just wanted to know if it was a bug you were going to fix or if it was intentional?

If you haven't seen it here is the message I'm talking about (Once again I apologize if I seem annoying.)
------------------------

Hi BoltBait, 

I love your work, sincere thanks to you.

However, I wanted to give you a feedback on a "potential bug" in your pack.

In the latest version of your pack, the "Object Shadow" effect is EXACTLY the same as "Object Shadow Pro".

Is it possible to have again, via a small update, "Object Shadow" like v4.6 ? (like the version I send as an attachment) 

I love both versions and I use them for different tasks especially since version 4.6 of "Object Shadow" is excellent and very simple.

Thank you very much for what you do for the community and hope to get a positive response from you.

(Sorry for my bad english i'm french)
77079753_ObjectShadow.png.32135655bd7a99303b2f391929925366.png.71e7ff64134078cdad1cb3f1f109bb59.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!
First, thank you for the great package of plugins, it is much appreciated.

I have been using the object feather plugin and I found that that value cannot go above 10, with the slider or even if we enter the value manually. Is there a reason for that?

I would look into the source code to see if this was maybe a simple UI limitation to lift but, on the feather plugin page, the source code does not seem to be available anymore.

2 hours ago, Valentin said:

Hi!
First, thank you for the great package of plugins, it is much appreciated.

I have been using the object feather plugin and I found that that value cannot go above 10, with the slider or even if we enter the value manually. Is there a reason for that?

I would look into the source code to see if this was maybe a simple UI limitation to lift but, on the feather plugin page, the source code does not seem to be available anymore.

The feather plugin is designed to soften the edges in such a way as to facilitate the making of composite images.  I do this often.  I can't think of a time I ever used a number higher than 4.  So, 10 should be way more than enough.

If you want to feather more than that, you're probably doing it for a different effect.  Maybe you need to use the Alpha Blur effect instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Which plugin?

If it's just one or two:

- Close Paint.NET.

- Use File Explorer to navigate to your effects folder and delete the duplicate .dll (it will have something like "(1)" or "- copy" added after the proper name.

If it's more than a few plugins, you might as well delete everything in your effects folder and reinstall what you need as you need it.

Edited by Djisves
"If" silly, not "Of" :)

Xkds4Lh.png

Drop Shadow has never been a built-in feature. So it hasn't 'gone' anywhere. You may have used a different version, or the location in the menu structure may have changed (if you used a very old version).

On 12/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, pineapplePizza said:

I don't want an actual shadow. I want an outline.

Um, then use an outline tool?

I can't agree with your assessment of the outline tool. It's excellent. What more features could you possibly want?

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for a way to generate a grind in Paint.NET and I came here to test your plugin.
I need a 1024x1024 grid and 2048x2048... Your slider is limited to 1000 only. Please fix.

Also don't you think it'd be far more flexible if you'd allow both X and Y size? I'm sure there's a person somewhere who wants a 2:1 grid or something like that.

PaintDotNet_7tIxVoAtbH.png

• 2 weeks later...

Tell us, step by step, what you've done with the plugin.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Drop Shadow has never been a built-in feature. So it hasn't 'gone' anywhere. You may have used a different version, or the location in the menu structure may have changed (if you used a very old version).

Um, then use an outline tool?

I can't agree with your assessment of the outline tool. It's excellent. What more features could you possibly want?

I am really sorry.

I fixed the issue later and it was just me using the wrong plugin.

Hello,

I am new to paint.net and I am very interested in trying some of the plugins you have here. I am using version 4.2.14 and I downloaded the installer with the button surrounded by the arrows. When I run the installer I get an error message: 

"Sorry, I can't find classic Paint.NET in your registry under LocalMachine. If you're running the store version, this is fine."

To my knowledge I am not running the store version. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Bryce C said:

Hello,

I am new to paint.net and I am very interested in trying some of the plugins you have here. I am using version 4.2.14 and I downloaded the installer with the button surrounded by the arrows. When I run the installer I get an error message: 

"Sorry, I can't find classic Paint.NET in your registry under LocalMachine. If you're running the store version, this is fine."

To my knowledge I am not running the store version. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Never mind. I figured it out. Great plugin package! Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to lasso select a part of an image and increase its saturation with soft saturated outer line but the outer line of the saturated part become too distinct compared to the rest of the unsaturated image. I tried blur selection edge and feather but they don't do it. Blur didn't make a difference and feather just deletes the outer line of the selected image which makes application of saturation on it impossible. How can I do it the right way?

Edited by frer8833