How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.2.12 and beyond (Updated July 16, 2020)

BoltBait

Are you copying your selection to as new layer before you apply the hue fix and edge softening?

Yes I did. The blur edge effect does work very subtly but far from enough. I want the effect of the saturation to apply like a gradient from nothing at the outer edge to full saturation a little bit inwards.

@frer8833

You could copy the selection into a New Layer, saturate it, then apply Alpha Blur plugin effect.

Or:

You could copy the selection into a New Layer, saturate it, then apply a Radial Gradient in transparency mode.

If you wish to apply the saturation effect to an irregular shape, make several duplicate

saturated layers and do a series of smaller targeted gradients.

jOVA4s.png

• 4 weeks later...

Dear BoltBaitPack51.

I love your Paint.net It is the best and easiest to you. I make a lot of Digital/graphic art. I had to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to W10. In the transition, my Paint.Net  lost all those 100s of Affects and Effects. I am so upset. No other Photo Imaging is as good as yours ! I need those Plugin Paks ASAP I am lost without them! Please help me get them and I will gladly donate to you. The one plug in was titled Megalo(?) please Bolt, I need these. My art work & Paint.Net  is useless without them.

It was a 2 Pak I had downloaded when I first Started using your Paint.Net

Sincerely, 

Cakie67

M FeatherWind Texturized Avg on CyanDrk brown.jpg

5 hours ago, Cakie67 said:

The one plug in was titled Megalo(?)

That is an illegal plugin pack. It contains viruses. See this thread: Megalo = Virus

Download the only legitimate version of BoltBait's plugin pack from this thread. You'll find a download link in the first post.

6 hours ago, Cakie67 said:

The one plug in was titled Megalo(?)

Also, just adding this:
The Megalo plugin pack is full of stolen plugins meaning you should be able to find some of the plugins that were in it on this forum, not in one go, but I say looking for them is worth it, (and no virus!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Bolt, many years ago I was given my first computer. I was 53. I did not even know what a mouse was(LOL). well my younger sister took the time to teach me how to use it) she was a collage grad on computers,  Deans top 10 list twice)Well she was a great teacher , but I still do not know even half what she knew( nor am I anywhere near as smart as you all are). Well my beloved sister passed away May 21 2019. So I use my computer and mostly for  creating my Art designs. Some I have had professionally  printed and framed. I love art. Well I found Paint.net later on , I had bought a Nova Scrapbook software and so I used it to start helping me design  Artwork. Then I heard about "Photoshop " and well , I am a widow ,working  making only  a little above minimum wage and I could not afford  to buy it, that is when I found Paint.net on youtube. I downloaded following the directions( I was amazed I did it all by myself)So I started using it and I was pleased with it. But I still had to use MGI, Scrapboof Factory to make one design. Then I heard about Paint.Net Plug in Pak, So again I went to youTube and searched for what ever these plugins were, I found the video and followed the directions and down loaded them  Some how it worked and  wow , what a hundred fold of Adjustments and Effects. Marvelous!

But my windows 7 was old and I had to upgrade to the dreaded Ws10. I am lost, I lost all those wonderful Adjustments and Effects and cannot find that Combo pak I first found , I cannot use Paint at all like I did before because it has  soooo mush less effects and Adjustments. Why is this? I had so many  some I had not even learned how to use yet. Paint,Net is not at all the same. I am so sad . Why can I not find the same Plugin Pak as I did the first time? I was using the 406 version and was happy with it. Is there a miracle out there somewhere ,were I can have what I had before? I will gladly donate to you  when I get my plugins back. I humbly appreciate you very gifted creators. I could never have done my art desighs without Paint.net and the crafty Plugin Creators. I do appreciate their talents and  allowing me to use there designs so I can make mine.

The Gold Castle I designed for my sister who passed away as she went to be with Jesus.  Paint.net and all your plugins made this possible. Thank you all so much

Coming Home.jpg

• Upvote 1

@Cakie67

The Plugin Index has a search option to help you find what you are looking for, please use it.

You previously mentioned wanting the Kill Color plugin.

Typing the word Kill in the search box brought up these two options:

For reasons previously mentioned no one will help you find the Megalo pack.

I couldn't get your installer to work for the life of me, when I opened it up it displayed the following popup:

dJGgbkI.png

One would only assume it can't find the right path, and for some reason doesn't let your choose your install directory. Opening it in a dissasembler I see that it's trying to grab the path from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\paint.net\TARGETDIR, so I went there in regedit and low and behold for some reason its pointing to a D drive which is my blueray disk drive. I recommend you add a check that checks if the directory even exists because for some reason you don't, and if it doesn't prompt the user with a folder picker. I recompiled your installer that does all of this already and it works fine, here are the changes I made.

5OEEhIf.png

On 10/15/2018 at 12:51 AM, BoltBait said:

Administrator permissions are required by Windows to install files in the Program Files directory.

If you have the classic install of Paint.NET, that's where these plugins are going to be installed.

You can be sure that my plugins are safe as they have been vetted by MANY users here on the forums... and I'm a moderator here.

Dear BoltBait

Your plugins for Paint.net are really good. However, i request to add some more plugins like transparent function of mspaint and also make line width of Grid in Fractions(0.1) to help print images with gridlines.

• 3 weeks later...

The newest BoltBaitPlugin pack is missing the Old Feather (True Feather) and some outline functions that existed in previous versions.  Is there anyway to get those outline object and old feature functions back into the latest plugin pack or DLL's from previous version?

The most recent version of the Feather plugin was completely rewritten last year, and should remove the need for Old Feather.

However, if you found a specific situation were you do need Old Feather, old versions of BoltBait's are still available here on the forum.

What outline functions are missing?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 month later...

I’m very sorry to be asking but I’m not getting the plugin to install. I do have the Windows store version and I tick that box. I’ve selected everything and agree to the terms; I put in my admin giving the installer permission; the installer runs and looks like everything is going okay but then on opening pdn there are no changes to the menus. I’ve done this twice. 😳 What can I do to get the plugins pack  to install? Many thanks.

Hello @Romana5 and welcome :)

You have to do a couple more steps with the store bought version.  Please read half way down the page, for the instructions:

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the text tool! Is there a way to keep the text but turn the transparency on for the text box? When using the Creative Text Pro I can design the text I want, but cutting and pasting also includes the background of the text box.

FansBDSmall.png

2 hours ago, redkcir said:

When using the Creative Text Pro I can design the text I want, but cutting and pasting also includes the background of the text box.

Creative Text Pro always renders text with a transparent background (to facilitate adding shadows, etc.). So, when you select and copy the text, be sure to use Ctrl+Shift+V in order to paste the text on to your favorite background.

Pressing Ctrl+Shift+V (instead of just Ctrl+V) will paste into a new layer.  That way, you can manipulate the text (like moving it around or adding shadows to it) before merging the layer down.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Bolt's Bait to my paint.net, but I can't for the life of me find my different brushes!!! akkkk.......it's been a while and I forgot where they are...

18 minutes ago, Suzette LeCrepe said:

I installed the Bolt's Bait to my paint.net, but I can't for the life of me find my different brushes!!! akkkk.......it's been a while and I forgot where they are...

My pack has nothing to do with brushes.

whoops....I'm sorry....I've been teaching myself how to use both paint.net and Photoshop 5.0 Essentials at the same time! 

maybe I never installed any brush pack....

This is super helpful, i was able to use the "paste alpha" feature to mask a shadow on to an image. Thanks a lot for this plugin pack

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi for anyone who needs to use the new feather plugin but does not have administrator access to their computer, the filename is "ObjectTools.dll".

Anyways, it didn't work in my situation. Neither the old/new Feather tools nor AA's Assistant was able to help me add anti-aliasing to a game screenshot... I realize that these were designed to take a jagged selection of an object with one background that had been pasted onto another background and remove the edges of the old background, but I just wanted to highlight a use case these didn't address (in case you do want to change the plugin to handle it). I am working with an asset someone else originally created, so I can't just re-take any screenshots with anti-aliasing on. Here are examples of the screenshots (the feather tool has no effect):

example2.png.c3c637529eff05dc213d8aef996cd32d.pngexample1.png.c237b2e737363e6a56204c936455a220.png

Edited by Pluto is a Planet

Feather tool and AA's Assistant can only work on objects surrounded by transparency.

Won't work on jaggies already imbedded in an image.

10 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

@Pluto is a Planet, it sounds like you're looking for MSAA; which is completely different than this.  You need to enable it in your game, before you take the screenshot.

I can't do that. For one, I'm modifying an existing asset created by someone else, and two the game is no longer running anymore.

11 minutes ago, ardneh said:

Feather tool and AA's Assistant can only work on objects surrounded by transparency.

Won't work on jaggies already imbedded in an image.

Good to know. The images basically have a gradient background being the objects inside them, and since it's predictable enough maybe I can remove it somehow. That should help me anti-alias some of the edges. I'm already applying the gradient background to the area around the images when displaying them on the web and the difference is almost unnoticeable.

Edited by Pluto is a Planet