BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.1 and beyond. (Updated December 1, 2018)

On 3/3/2019 at 11:21 PM, AndrewDavid said:

Hi @Sakana Oji

Ensure you have a folder created like mine

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\paint.net User Files\Palettes.

This is what Boltbait's installer is looking for.

Having the same problem as Sakana Oji. I have the folder you mentioned but nothing in it!

@jaybee_au

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you didn't use my name "Andrew"

Can you post the name of the folder you created to be sure?

Are you getting the same error message from the installer of these plugins?

Let us know ASAP :)

On 4/19/2019 at 1:21 PM, AndrewDavid said:

@jaybee_au

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you didn't use my name "Andrew"

Can you post the name of the folder you created to be sure?

Are you getting the same error message from the installer of these plugins?

Let us know ASAP :)

Sorry about the late reply, Easter Bunny got in the way. I didn't need to create the folder "C:\Users\JohnB\Documents\paint.net User Files\Palettes", it was already there. But nothing in it! I wasn't getting any error messages either.

So I did a search for Rainbow.txt on my computer. I found it in the admin palettes folder. Although I ran the install file from my user account, I had to give admin password to proceed. Somehow the other DLLs went to the right place, but for some reason the Rainbow palette went to the admin account. Copied and pasted into my palettes folder and works like a charm!

Thanks for your interest and reply which prompted me to look elsewhere for the palettes file.

Just now, Tazilon said:

Sorry - but the bevel object appears to absolutely no impact on text.

Text must be on its own transparent layer. Fatter text works best. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoltBait said:

Text must be on its own transparent layer. Fatter text works best. 

I am trying it on a transparent layer.  I finally got it to do something on a very wide font.

7 minutes ago, Woodwalker said:

Is this virus free?

Of course it is!

^ That refers to an illegally bundled plugin pack. You're pretty safe downloading from this forum as the authors are careful and well known.

54 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

^ That refers to an illegally bundled plugin pack. You're pretty safe downloading from this forum as the authors are careful and well known.

Hello,

Is it absolutely safe or just 'pretty safe' to download from the Paint.NET site?

1 hour ago, ANONYMISS said:

Is it absolutely safe or just 'pretty safe' to download from the Paint.NET site?

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

It's as safe as safe can be!!!

Woodsy has answered this for me. Nothing is infallible, however the forum has an excellent record. Partly because we know most of the authors so well.

If you are in any way unsure - please do continue to run your normal security checks on stuff you download from the forum.

Greetings, I tried to make a donation, but it says NaN. That may be scaring people off cuz I cant type in an amount tp donate. please advise. Is there another way to make a donation. Cheers!

49 minutes ago, swiftsal said:

Greetings, I tried to make a donation, but it says NaN. That may be scaring people off cuz I cant type in an amount tp donate. please advise. Is there another way to make a donation. Cheers!

I saw that too the first time I clicked on the button. But, I tried it again and it worked.  So, try again maybe?

• Like 1

Hello @BoltBait,

Could you please share the mathematical formula's you apply in the following two plug-ins:

1. BoltBait's Color Balance v4.1
  2. BoltBait's Temperature / Tint v1.4

For example, if you set R to +10 in the Color Balance, what are then the expected red pixel values (assuming 8-bit input). Is it like this: R' = sRGB^-1(sRGB(R) * (255 + 10) / 255)

And what about the second plug-in?

Alternatively: could you share me (PM?) the source code where the actual mathematical transformations are defined? Or is this publically available?

The reason why I ask is because I'm playing around with some of these settings and found a decent set to enhance some structures in the images I'm working with.

Now this needs to be applied outside of PDN, so I would actually need to know what the mathematical equivalent is of these settings.

Thanks you!

Best  regards,

Bart

40 minutes ago, bardi said:

Alternatively: could you share me (PM?) the source code where the actual mathematical transformations are defined? Or is this publically available?

A lot of variations already exist. You could look into source code of open source software like RawTherapee for example. I'm sure there's other resources out there too. G'MIC has variations of it too, and that doesn't require Paint.NET at all. It can work in Krita, GIMP, Natron, Paint.NET and Blender.

Edited by Reptillian

I know, but: I do like BoltBait's plugin ease of use and it would be nice to understand how to do the exact same transform. This way I can use the plugin to manually fine tune some parameters, with an easy to use user interface, and code the transformation in the image processing pipeline I'm building (something GPU based).

Source code to those specific plugins are available at the following links:

On 8/1/2019 at 6:15 AM, bardi said:

BoltBait's Color Balance v4.1

https://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/tutorial2.php

On 8/1/2019 at 6:15 AM, bardi said:

BoltBait's Temperature / Tint v1.4

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111031-temperature-tint-adjustment/

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Source code to those specific plugins are available at the following links:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/tutorial2.asp

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111031-temperature-tint-adjustment/

Thank you very much for your quick response!

Can you please also confirm that this code is executed on the pixel values directly (so typically the sRGB values) and that there's no pre processing step converting to the linear RGB domain first, then applying this plugin and a post processing step converting back to sRGB domain?

6 hours ago, bardi said:

Thank you very much for your quick response!

Can you please also confirm that this code is executed on the pixel values directly (so typically the sRGB values) and that there's no pre processing step converting to the linear RGB domain first, then applying this plugin and a post processing step converting back to sRGB domain?

In order to understand the source code, I recommend you go through all of these tutorials:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/