BoltBait

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for PdN v4.1 and beyond. (Updated December 1, 2018)

This was interesting.  The DLLs are in BOTH folders. When hovering over them the paths are identical and I made sure to read the version numbers as shown. They show identically.

Here is a sample from a random plugin:

PDN Hovers.png

Edited by Apollo702
Clarification

If you have DLL files in both directories, pick one directory and delete the files in there.

You should only install DLL files to ONE of those directories, not both.

There is something strange. I went and checked both folders and the files are very different.

Do you think that maybe I should compare them, do some copying and pasting... and then delete one set?

I suspect that the effects that are doubled in the menu are the same files in both directories.

However, some of your effects are not doubled.  You should leave those files alone.  (Although, to be honest, you can move all DLL files to the same directory. That might be one good way to be sure you don't have duplicate files.)

After carefully checking that none would be lost I moved what I could and shredded the "Documents" (and much smaller)version, restarted PDN and now everything is back to Singlesville!

It looks like it's fixed and make sure to have a good weekend!

Lastly, I am editing this to ask: Is "Burninate" "Render, Flames" under another name?

Edited by Apollo702
One more question

23 minutes ago, Apollo702 said:

Lastly, I am editing this to ask: Is "Burninate" "Render, Flames" under another name?

Yes.  Effects > Render > Flames is located in the Burninate.DLL file.  You can verify this by hovering your mouse over the effect menu item and look at the bottom line of the tool tip.

Thank you for this plugin pack. After years of using PS commercially, I'm using paint.net at home because of budget as I am getting some graphics ready for streaming.

So I thought I'd send you a greeting and let you know that your hard work is very much appreciated. 😄

15 hours ago, Apollo702 said:

A secondary question is about "Burninate." I don't see this one anywhere. Is it the same thing as "Render, Flames" just under another name?

@Apollo702

BoltBait's burniate.dll appers under the Render tab as 'Flames'
The Tom Jackson's TJacksonEffects.dll comes up under the Render tab as 'Fire'
There is also a fire.dll that comes in the Simon Brown Legacy Pack and it will also come up under the Render tab as 'Fire'

Good Morning,

I have paint.net 4.1.5 installed on Windows 7 64-bit

Unfortunately I have a problem installing the plugin. Please see attachment.

I tried installing the pack with the mark on "I am running the store version" and also without marking it.

Clicking the button "Continue" has no effect.

Is there a solution available?

Kindest regards,

Christiane

install_error.JPG

2 hours ago, Christiane said:

Is there a solution available?

Arial is one of the fonts that comes standard with Windows.  For some reason, on your system, Arial is not working.

I would recommend installing the Arial font.  Just do a google search for the Arial True Type Font (TTF) and install it.

• Like 1

Hello BoltBait,

Thank you very much for the prompt help.

When I googled the Arial True Type Font (TTF) I learned that I was not the only one having an Arial font problem with Windows 7 or 10. That is somehow comforting 🙂

However, after installing the Arial font the installation of your plugin ran smoothly within a few seconds. Thank you.

Have a good afternoon.

Christiane