How to Install Plugins ×

BlendModes Plus v3.1 (July 14, 2019)

BlendModes Plus

This is a update of @APShredder's original 'BlendModes Plus' plugin. See changelog below.

Effects -> Tools -> BlendModes Plus

BlendModesPlus-UI.png

Image Position

ImagePos.png

Blend Mode

Spoiler

(from @APShredder's Original topic)

Here are the to images I'm going to use.
yhsjjie-51.pngyhsjjie-52.png
Normal
yhsjjie-52.png
I don't think this mode needs much of description. The final image is the blend image.

Average
yhsjjie-53.png
This mode is good for blending two images together. Nothing special.

Blue
yhsjjie-54.png
This mode replaces the blue channel of the base image with the blue channel of the blend image.

Color
yhsjjie-55.png
This mode replaces the hue and saturation of the base image with the hue and saturation of the blend image.

Cyan
yhsjjie-56.png
This mode replaces the cyan channel of the base image with the cyan channel of th blend image.

Divide
yhsjjie-70.png

Grain Extract
yhsjjie-71.png

Grain Merge
yhsjjie-72.png

Green
yhsjjie-57.png
This mode replaces the green channel of the base image with the green channel of the blend image.

Hard Light
yhsjjie-73.png

Hard Mix
yhsjjie-58.png
This mode causes the resulting image to either be black, white, red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, or magenta.

Hue
yhsjjie-59.png
This mode replaces the hue of the base image with the hue of the blend image.

Linear Burn
yhsjjie-60.png
This mode will always make you image darker.

Linear Dodge
yhsjjie-61.png
This mode will always make you image lighter.

Linear Light
yhsjjie-62.png
This mode is similar to Linear Burn except the blend image is more noticeable.

Luminosity
yhsjjie-63.png
This mode replaces the luminosity of the base image with the luminosity of the blend image.

Magenta
yhsjjie-64.png
This mode replaces the magenta channel of the base image with the magenta channel of the blend image.

Pin Light
yhsjjie-65.png
This mode causes light parts of the blend image and dark parts of the base image to show through.

Red
yhsjjie-66.png
This mode replaces the red channel of the base image with the red channel of the blend image.

Saturation
yhsjjie-67.png
This mode replaces the saturation of the base image with the saturation of the blend image.

Signed Difference

Stamp
yhsjjie-68.png
This mode is good for applying textures to images.

Yellow
yhsjjie-69.png
This mode replaces the yellow channel of the base image with the yellow channel of the blend image.

Changelog

v3.1 (July 14, 2019)

• Changed: The handling of the Clipboard is now done by a Paint.NET helper function.
  • Fixed: In some situations the 'Fit' Image Position would not work correctly.

v3.0 (Sept 8, 2018)

• Changed: Now uses IndirectUI
  • Added: Image Position (Fill, Fit, Stretch, Center).  Defaults to Stretch to match the behavior of the original BlendMode Plus.
  • Fixed: Now properly handles Transparency.

Pre-v3.0

Download

BlendModesPlus.zip

Source Code

https://github.com/toehead2001/pdn-blendmodes-plus

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Version 3.1 posted. Requires Paint.NET 4.2 or newer.

This fixes an issue that would sometimes occur when the 'Fit' Image Position was selected. (the image wouldn't actual be fitted :()

The custom code for retrieving an image from the clipboard was replaced with a Clipboard helper function that is provided by Paint.NET.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
3 hours ago, homebrew said:

don't know what to think since there is no opacity setting and no mask

This Plugin is for Blends that appear in PS, a few more than available in PDN. 

You need to have a copy of your image, copied to clipboard, before you try the blend modes.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How to apply to layers? Apparently it tells me to select an image from my pc when I have literally opened it. I want to apply soft light to the top layer to blend with the background. Attached the file for reference (It is zipped cause only select file formats are allowed to be attached). Thought about posting here as there is no tutorial video on how to use this plugin. Fast replies aren't necessary (take your time!) but appreciated 😊

Cell.zip

the point is to create a new blank layer, then select this layer, apply the filter and therefore open the file.

the other way; when you got a layer previously filled with text, brush drawing or anything; is to make a selection of this layer.

then create a new layer and paste, finally you can apply blend+ filter to this layer. remember to uncheck the view of the previous layer

as i said i wish there was transparency directly in. but the main thing is there's no mask in PDN

• 1 year later...

I'm getting an error trying to install it.

I downloaded the zip file and extracted all, then opened the blendmodeplus.dll and a prompt asks me which program I want to open it with, but when I chose paint.net an error message pops up saying "the image type is not recognized and cannot be opened".

I'm using Windows 11 with paint.net version 5.0.3

12 minutes ago, jgk381 said:

I'm using Windows 11 with paint.net version 5.0.3

And this is why.  You are using an older version of paint.net.  You must update to the latest version for Plugins to work.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

3 minutes ago, Pixey said:

And this is why.  You are using an older version of paint.net.  You must update to the latest version for Plugins to work.

I got it to work with my version. I didn't know I had to move the .dll file into the paint.net effects folder manually. It works now but I'm going to update to the latest version anyways. Thanks 

• Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1