Help me 'downgrade'.

Rakuda

Greetings,

first of all - i love paint.net. 

To be quick and to the point, is there a way/place i can download so i can downgrade a previous iteration (pre-4.1)? There are some shortcuts gone that really hinder my productivity and now there is a print shortcut that makes me crash 100% of the time. I'm scared to download from shady places, so i wondered if there is an archive of previous versions. 

Edited by Rakuda

Which shortcuts do you need?

The Adjustments menu can still be accessed very easily with standard keyboard accelerator chords. For instance, Auto-Level can be quickly invoked with Alt+A, A. That is, press Alt+A, release both keys, then type A.

And what crashes are you getting with Print? It still has the same Ctrl+P shortcut it's already had so I'm not sure I understand.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply. <3

Well it's the common "Stopped Responding" infinite queue, something that never happened before. 

If i can describe it as thoroughly as possible - the key combination always spawns at least 2 "Print Pictures" windows and then everything dies. I don't know if it's conflicting scripts or something (2 trying to do the exact same thing at the same time). I've tested my keyboard (clean, doesn't stick) and some other combinations, only this one is 'troublesome' for me. 

Another thing - is there a topic in the forum i can find the revised combos? 

There isn't yet documentation on the revised combos, but @Ego Eram Reputo is working on it.

But really it's not too difficult to figure it out once you know the algorithm. For the Adjustments menu the accelerator keys is Alt+A (to open Adjustments) and then the first letter of the name of the adjustment. If multiple adjustments start with the same first letter then you press the accelerator key multiple times and then Enter.

Auto-Levels is: Alt+A, A

Black & White is: Alt+A, B, Enter

Brightness & Contrast is: Alt+A, B, B, Enter

Curves is: Alt+A, C

Hue/Saturation is: Alt+A, H

... and so on

If you have plugins that populate the adjustments menu, then the above list may not be correct. I have a Color Balance plugin which is above Curves, which means for me the Curves chord is: Alt+A, C, C, Enter

In other menus you may see underlined characters when you use the keyboard to access them: (they don't show up if you're using the mouse!)

image.png

So in this case, "Save As" can of course be accessed with Ctrl+Shift+S, but it's also reachable with Alt+F, A ... note how the F in File is underlined, and the A in Save As. 

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Why change something that works fine, really? I rolled back immediately after noticing that all shortcuts for "adjustments" stuff are gone. If I need to edit few dozens of images, using "Black & White is: Alt+A, B, Enter" instead of Ctrl+Shift+G, not to mention other functions, really takes too much time that I can spend looking at pics with pretty boobs and cats. C'mon, leave them be, at least as an option :)

• 1 month later...