How to Install Plugins ×

Circular text

xod

I seem to be having trouble trying to download OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dll and OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dlc on the site with a captcha before download. Anybody know where I could download those files? Thanks.

The Read Me file in this plugin's zip download,asks us to download the two OptionBasedLibrary files using the download link on the Parallel Lines plugin topic. I find that an unnecessary hassle; it would have been a lot easier just to provide a link here.

In any case, @Ishi, the link on the Parallel Lines plugin works fine, I just tested it.

• Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png

Thanks Djisves and NSD. Appreciate it a lot.

I have issues with the old circular text plugin I use and luckily I found this new one.

12 hours ago, Ishi said:

I seem to be having trouble trying to download OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dll and OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9.dlc on the site with a captcha before download. Anybody know where I could download those files? Thanks.

That's odd as I tested this and it works fine for me too :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, Ishi said:

the older circle text plugin that doesn't distance the letters that smoothly

That is the main reason why I too prefer this one over the other.

Xkds4Lh.png

• 9 months later...

This is useless if it doesn't work without next needed files. 
In the text notice is written about any "OptionBasedLibrary.dll" and "OptionBasedLibrary.dlc", but these aren't included in the zipped folder. Unfortunately there aren't any site where is possible to download. Not in this forum and even not found by Google. 

Edited by Trident One

You have not read the posts above. There is a post where you can download all versions of libraries.

Click on Circular text/July 4, 2020 link.

Edited by NSD
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same issue. Just updated, now Circular Text is no longer an option in the effects menu. The CircularText.dll files are still present in the program files effects folder however. Does not however show up in plug-in load errors.

Edited by drownedsorrows

This plugin has stopped working and i've tried redownloading and reinstalling it and restarting my comp, any ideas?
Nvm scrolled up two comments and it was fixed, thx.

Edited by DangerousRobot

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I'm having problems with the plugin. He doesn't appear on the program. Once updated, I can't see it again. I realized as soon as I downloaded other plugins. I don't know if it was another creator's plugin pack's fault, I don't know if it was the update's fault. I downloaded the plugin again, took it out of the folder, put it in, did everything, but it's not showing.
Can you help me?

image.png.eba1c60e1b2cd5a166fc1298b5ba50a9.pngimage.png.4edbc0761e08e45253fe99c2e5bf9d95.pngimage.png.1cba6ada20bccab8c5ea68269d8d5a9e.png

Edit: Nevermind, I scrolled up two comments and it was fixed. Thanks!

Edited by NFMapper

Hello and welcome @NFMapper :)

Please see this post for the change in where the Optional Based Library goes:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113205-circular-text/?do=findComment&comment=586922

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 months later...

This issue is for paint.net v4.2.16

Circular Text plugin does not load sometimes when we start paint.net.

Name: Circular Text
Type: CircularTextEffect.CircularTextEffectPlugin
Version: 3.0.0.0
Author: Copyright ©2018 by xod
Copyright: Render circular text
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at OptionControls.OptionContext.GetContext(String id, Assembly assembly, String dlcName)
   at OptionBased.Effects.OptionBasedEffect..ctor(Type type, Image image, EffectFlags flags)
   at CircularTextEffect.CircularTextEffectPlugin..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.EffectsCollection.TryGetEffectInfoFromType(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\EffectsCollection.cs:line 297

Edited by NSD

27 minutes ago, NSD said:

This issue is for paint.net v4.2.16

May be , but see READ FIRST: The Rules (yes, you! read this!) (2013-12-21) - Forum Rules - paint.net Forum (getpaint.net)

7) You must be using the latest version of Paint.NET, available here. This is a requirement. If you want to stay with an older version then that is your right, but we cannot help you. If you are unable to upgrade, then please post in the troubleshooting section.

I have no issue with the latest version (4.3.7) of Paint.NET.

• 3 months later...

@NE0B are you sure you have put the .dlls in the correct place?  This Plugin requires that the Optional Based Libraries are now to be put in the Effects Folder.

Which can be found in this post:  https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113205-circular-text/?do=findComment&comment=572994

30b8T8B.gif