How to Install Plugins ×

Circular text

xod

Wow, @xod!  This is so easy to use!  Takes all the guesswork out of it.  :)

circulartext.png

• Like 4

Thank you all for your appreciation. It's not really my code. I'm not so skilled.
It is mostly taken from here:
http://csharphelper.com/blog/2018/02/draw-text-on-a-circle-in-c/
I have only adapted it for pdn in CodeLab.

Note:

The plugin has a small bug that I just fixed it on.
It does not run properly on large canvas (e.g. 7000 x 7000px).

Please download the new version 1.2.
The font size was increased to 800.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Replaced with v1.3.

UI has no ColorWheel anymore.

Because my English is pretty poor I will quote EgoEramReputo to describe the new feature:
"Creates text mask using the source layer as the text fill, alternatively creates transparent text within the source layer".

Thanks again to toe-head2001 for his TextWindow plugin code.

And a very simple way to use this plugin:

Edited by xod
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@xod     Just love this new version!  <3

You should announce this...version 2.0 is spectacular!

circulartext_v2.png

Reply to this so I can give you a rep!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@xod I must be doing something wrong?  The download plugin does not give me the same as yours in the video.

This is the one you have in the video, the download link still gives the one with the color wheel.

circular-text.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey, I reloaded the zip file in the first post. New version was made with OptionBasedLibrary. Please read the Readme file.
I don't know what is wrong with your download, may be you need to manually delete the old file from the Effects folder.

Edited by xod

Yes, I read the Readmefile @xod.  I have the OptionalBased .dll and .dlc in the Paint.folder and then the circular text .dll and .dlc in the Effects Folder.  I also removed the old .dll.

I still get the old Plugin though.  It's a mystery ?

circle-text-v2-0-0-0.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'm confused.

The YT video shows no color wheel, as also stated was the case in the earlier post about the update. But like Pixey this is is what I'm getting too:-

1900107166_CircularText.png.646f68cb1cbc2c6e40076227cb97c264.png

All plugins were fresh downloads from the supplied links ie. Circular Text update and OptionsBasedLibrary. I did not have any old .dll in either case to remove.

The CircularText.dll details likewise are exactly as for Pixey's screenshot too ie. showing v2.0.0.0.

welshblue's post references "your screenshot" and its not clear whether it meant Pixey's YT screen grab of the updated UI or her second post's screenshot showing the PDN menu CircularText.dll plugin version details.

The plugin still works of course but there must be some sort of problem with the update if on some systems it is still displaying with the old UI.

• Like 1

IHaveNoName.png

8 hours ago, welshblue said:

Is it possible that the thickness of the rings can be altered individually ?

Yes, I'll do that in the next few days.

But there is a problem with the distance of the circles to the text that depends on the font characteristics.
The circles were originally designed for guidance only.
I think creating these circles (if necessary) in their own layers is more useful.

Edited by xod
  • Like 2

@IHaveNoName Thank you for your input.  I was sure I was really losing my mind this time ?

@welshblue Which UI are you seeing please 1, or 2?

1.  circular-text.png

or

2.  Std-and-Options.png

:)

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey

I've been lurking the conversation and noticed your problem. I did the same as @welshblue and was successful in getting the new version. The screenshot you provided of your menu shows the correct version installed. You should be seeing the second graphic you posted with the two tabs Standard and Options. As @lynxster4 mentioned - this update was posted unannounced. The Video @xod posted was for version 1.3 where she took out the color wheel. She then put it back in Ver 2.0 - much to everyone's happiness. If your menu tooltip shows 2.0.0 - It would be interesting to see what you get when you select it.

• Like 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Ah @AndrewDavid Thank you!  Now everything is clear to me.  Yes, I get the UI with the Standard and Options, and the color wheel, which is so pretty and good :)

(I always thought @xod was a male?  I wonder why?  But, I've made that mistake before :mrred:)

30b8T8B.gif