Saving Error

Go to solution Solved by Rick Brewster,

Hello Knowledgeable People,

When I try to save my work, it claims that "There was an error while saving," and when I click for more details it gives me this error message: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Then, it says

PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.NativeMethods.CreateTransaction(IntPtr lpTransactionAttributes, IntPtr UOW, UInt32 CreateOptions, UInt32 IsolationLevel, UInt32 IsolationFlags, UInt32 Timeout, String Description)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.KernelTransaction..ctor() in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\KernelTransaction.cs:line 212
   at PaintDotNet.IO.SaveTransaction..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\IO\SaveTransaction.cs:line 265
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.DoSave(Boolean tryToFlatten) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2915

Would anyone know how to solve this issue? 

Things I've attempted thus far: 

- Reinstalling Paint.net (4 times)

- Installing the Beta Version

- Using the repair function (This PC --> OS(C:) --> Program Files --> Paint.net --> PdnRepair.exe) 

If anyone knew what the issue is, it would be greatly appreciated if you were to tell me how to fix it!! 

What version of Windows are you using?

This sounds like something is corrupt, like in the OS or .NET Framework. This could be due to a virus, a failing hard drive, or something else.

You'll want to run sfc /scannow at an administrator command prompt, and if that doesn't fix things then run chkdsk /R on all of your hard drives

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 3 years later...

I tried the same steps, though it did not work for me as I am not the "administrator" even though I am the one who owns the computer. I am running with a windows 11 computer with a NVidia graphics chip, and I have a file that is 90624 x 15540, and it gives me the error that something happened while saving. I heard that this is not the maximum size to save an image on Paint.NET.

• Solution

Are you sure you're using the latest version of Paint.NET?

Also, if you're trying to save as  PNG or JPEG, I don't think they can handle images that are 90,624 pixels tall. Limitation of the image format, not Paint.NET.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

5 minutes ago, DisplayName_01 said:

I am sure I have downloaded the latest version. 

No, according to the Diagnostics, you have this:

Application                                                  paint.net 4.3.10 (Stable 4.310.8103.32785)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

15 minutes ago, Pixey said:

No, according to the Diagnostics, you have this:

Application                                                  paint.net 4.3.10 (Stable 4.310.8103.32785)

I don't think the file will still exist after I update the version I am using, as its unsaved.

This post is now old, I do not know how to delete it.

Edited by DisplayName_01
I do not know how to delete my post, so I put it as "old"

34 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

Are you sure you're using the latest version of Paint.NET?

Also, if you're trying to save as  PNG or JPEG, I don't think they can handle images that are 90,624 pixels tall. Limitation of the image format, not Paint.NET.

I had fixed the error, I saved it as a pdn file, thanks for the suggestion of saving it in a different format besides JPEG and PNG.

20 minutes ago, DisplayName_01 said:

This post is now old, I do not know how to delete it.

No need to delete it @DisplayName_01 I will mark it as solved and give the kudos to @Rick Brewster :)

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.