centering radial gradient

j0hn

Hello people,

I have been using paint.net for quite a while and I am curious about something: Is there any way I can center a radial gradient? By that I mean how to make the origin point of the gradient be in the center of the canvas.

Your help will much appreciated.

Edited by j0hn

Thanks for that.

I'd hope somebody knew the answer to this because it is something I'd find very useful too.

What I normally do is just choose a square canvas size eg. 800x800 making it easy to position the cursor at the centre (400/400) and then use directional keys to expand the radial gradient.

That HSVGradient.dll (HSV Gradients) does seem to do the job (Effects > Render > Gradient...  Then select Radial Corner).

Only addition I wouldn't mind seeing ironically, bearing in mind the theme of this thread, is actually the ability within the tool to move the centre or the radial gradient horizontally and vertically precisely as for Vandermotten's Gradient tool. The latter also has an interesting four quarters colouring facility which could be useful with a radial gradient too but unfortunately on both counts that tool does not support radial gradients.  

IHaveNoName.png

47 minutes ago, IHaveNoName said:

Thanks for that.

I'd hope somebody knew the answer to this because it is something I'd find very useful too.

What I normally do is just choose a square canvas size eg. 800x800 making it easy to position the cursor at the centre (400/400) and then use directional keys to expand the radial gradient.

That HSVGradient.dll (HSV Gradients) does seem to do the job (Effects > Render > Gradient...  Then select Radial Corner).

Only addition I wouldn't mind seeing ironically, bearing in mind the theme of this thread, is actually the ability within the tool to move the centre or the radial gradient horizontally and vertically precisely as for Vandermotten's Gradient tool. The latter also has an interesting four quarters colouring facility which could be useful with a radial gradient too but unfortunately on both counts that tool does not support radial gradients.  

Thanks a lot! It works perfectly!

Edited by j0hn

Another:

19 hours ago, IHaveNoName said:

... The latter also has an interesting four quarters colouring facility which could be useful with a radial gradient too but unfortunately on both counts that tool does not support radial gradients.  

One way to accomplish this, is to use a plain B&W radial gradient as a mask over a four-way gradient. I remember doing this a while back.

• Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png