Crumpled Paper Texture.

Pixey

You can also set the Gradient tool's blend mode to Difference, which gives less control, but is easier, since it can all be done on one layer.

You might also try using the Texture Shader in place of Emboss. To eliminate the graininess when the Texture Height is large, you can first smooth it with the Texture Smoother. Running Surface Blur prior to the Texture Smoother is sometimes useful to reduce the amount of smoothing needed. The potential disadvantage to smoothing is that it rounds the creases. In some cases that's desirable, in others it's not.

One other suggestion. It's sometimes useful to use the Gradient tool in the the Reflected or Diamond modes.

• Like 2

OOOH so much to learn, so much to try, so much to experiment with ,  So Much.....Thanks guys?

• Like 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Trying to learn Pixy's crumpled paper.....got off track and well, heck I like itcrumple.png.2bb0f4dae465d6e15406eebd69a8eee5.png

• Like 6

Scooter

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Umm. If this is a tutorial then we better have some steps?

Thanks for all the tips @MJW :) 

Many thanks @Scooter - I see your result in another thread, perhaps you can post it in here too :lol:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Nice curl effect @Seerose :D  It's funny, because I thought of the curl plugin just after I'd posted the examples. Great minds thing alike :lol:

Thank you @lynxster4 :pizza: It's amazing what a gradient can do ;)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Very interesting technique to get this effect, @Pixey  I may have used too many 'diamonds', but it still looks okay.

No two crumpled papers will ever be the same!  I like it!  Thank you!  <3  ?

crumpledpaper.png

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, Pixey said:

Perhaps @Scooter should have posted the result here.

Yes! Pixey, you are completely Correct. 

It seems as I was forced by Alien Beings from the planet Zorch to put it in the incorrect location....OR...I messed up...your choice ashamed0001.gif.6002e0eef32631d1c5c37e98d466bbee.gif

Sorry too to Ego Eram  Reputo  for causing him any undue confusion or angst. My most humble apology's my  Liege  whip.gif.6517808f7c1396ef4ba2e66015d521cc.gif

Scooter

I've merged the @Scooter created thread into this one. Peace, joy and harmony once more rule across the world....

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!  Two guys who've been absent for a while, both do the tutorial within an hour of each other - what are the odds of that? smileys-applaus-296794.gif

@welshblue what a perfect combination with your notepaper tute smileys-froh-225589.gif

30b8T8B.gif

• 3 months later...

This is a good and very useful tutorial. I think I found something close to this about 2 years ago from another editing program. I kinda sorta adapted it to PDN, in numerous steps, but yours was done so precisely, in far fewer steps, and for the newer versions of PDN. This is a very useful tutorial. Thank you for making it.

This is THE MOST organized I have ever been with PDN in saving tutorials, written and videos, of current stuff and, if applicable, older info. Previously, I'd have one or two file folders, maybe, with some stuff thrown in there but after ShapeMaker, lol, and the last few updates of PDN, I take this bad boy super seriously now. I've gotten fairly good with GIMP, but, with almost all things, I can do it with PDN in a far less complicated environment. PDN is a powerhouse more so now, much better with higher DPI work, too, at least for me, or maybe I'm just performing better.  Also, I'm blown away with how fast PDN opens up and is ready to go, not just opens then waits to gather its thoughts and then you can use it, but it's as fast as blinking, and I have mine loaded with plugins and shapes. It's not like I'm on some kind of super expensive computer, either. Just a semi decent so so processor that was on sale. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@ScrapbookWithPDN so sorry I didn't respond to your comment sooner 😱.  Spankies for me 😂.  I'll bet you saw the same 'other' tutorial that I did, which gave me the idea to reproduce it in Paint.net 🌞.  Many thanks for dropping by 🌼

30b8T8B.gif