Ego Eram Reputo

​⚠️​Construction Zone​⚠️

Many thanks @welshblue.  Yes, I did have to sew in different directions.  I did it many years ago and still have about half a dozen of unfinished works on the go.  When I went through my needlepoint phase I had much better eye sight smileys-skelette-121507.gif

*stretches and cracks back* I'm still here and painting! Y'all can't get rid of me that easily!

Anyway...Todd's mom and dad decided they wanted to update their kitchen. They got a consultation with an interior decorator and everything, and then Mum said, "Wait...why don't we have Alyce do it?"

Didn't have to ask me twice! Since they both grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan, I fired up PDN and came up with several designs inspired by the lake and the culture around it. They ended up choosing one inspired by lighthouse windows.

Since I have a Spoonflower shop, I uploaded the design there and had them print the wallpaper. Et voila! Entirely PDN!

v3xFTaH.pngFjv1iN0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/23/2019 at 4:54 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

From a rabbit sized hay baler!

Neat job.  Nice job on the press lever and carrying handle.  I'm trying to tell if it's a mix of softwood and MDF (on the side)

Is it going to be one you use ?  If so, do you have to have inner fixings for the baling twine ?

You brought back a good memory of a long gone friend who made a really miniature one to compress his home grown ummm green, into ounce bars.

Many a paranoid trip transporting that and police car pulling behind me 😮

Yup. MDF and a bit of pine trim. The "carry handle" is a slide which opens to allow the bale to be pushed through.

I run the strings by hand. They go along little grooves inside. It's a little fiddly however as it works so well I'm loath to change it. I've already baled around 60 bales with it & it didn't even break :)

Bales are about shoe box size. Next time I bale some hay I'll post some pics.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:28 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The "carry handle" is a slide which opens to allow the bale to be pushed through.

Neat idea.  As someone who's helped at haymaking times I'd love to see the end result.

Would much rather have hoisted shoe box size 😉

...fortunately I've got a handle on it....

20191029-130352-1.jpg

20191029-130440-1.jpg

Rest assured the wood is sustainability harvested 😁 I cut it down last year for firewood. It's known locally as tree lucerne (Cytisus proliferus or tagasaste)

• Like 2

Fair play it does a neat job.

Really nice job on the wood turning, the copper ferrule really adds to that beautiful grain.

I'm really mightily impressed with the harrow, what a great use of rebar.  Nice engineering feat.  Did you use a jig and heat to bend it ?  Must have as it's so symmetrical ?

The welding isn't bad either ... I've seen so much that can only be described as looking like  bird s*%t and yours doesn't. 

I love the smell welding gives off... not so keen on the odd time of arc eye.  Wanting to scratch your eyes out moments

My first ever pumpkin carving ( hand tremors and cameras just don't go)

pumpkin-22.png

I made the table and chairs too.  Will have to add them here. 

2 x 2's, 2 x 1's and wood from pallets,  biscuit jointed and doweled together.  Power planed and a walnut wood dye

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, welshblue said:

Did you use a jig and heat to bend it ? 

Nope. I cold-rolled it using a simple handmade jig. The 16mm rod on the end of the harrow required a bit of physical exertion and led to the demise of four bearings.

47 minutes ago, welshblue said:

The welding isn't bad either

Thanks. I'm self taught. Had to learn when I built a horse float :)

Damn that pumpkin is spooky all lit up!

10 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Had to learn when I built a horse float

As in what we call a horse box/ trailer ?   Big job.  

I've built a couple of trailers but only things with sides and a back flap ... nothing with a canopy

10 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Damn that pumpkin is spooky all lit up!

Thanks.  It's better in real life.  Tools used: Stanley knife, flat head screw driver ... and a mirror  😁

• Upvote 1

I did not carve a pumpkin. I made a paper skull for the Mexican celebration "Día de Muertos".  :) 

paint-net-skull-56b83ff.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

@Eli ... that's really neat. The bow is a great touch

Scrap wooden pallet,  router and blow torch.  The wood was too dry and chipped in a few places 😐

tray.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I love the effect a blow torch has on wood. I’ve done something similar with unfinished plywood—made it look expensive. 

I love to sew by hand; I find it very relaxing. I made this bride doll for my niece. I did all of the sewing and beadwork by hand. It took many hours, but I enjoyed it.

pn2CzYDZj

• Upvote 2

That looks amazing Maggie! The bead-work is really beautiful.

@Welshy: Great tray. Lots of good wood in pallets. Me, I'd need more finger holes :) 

I saw a home make-over show which burned the exterior wood cladding of a two story home. I thought it looked horrible on that scale. It was not sealed so the carbon kept coming off. Made a terrible mess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I love the effect a blow torch has on wood. I’ve done something similar with unfinished plywood

A friend of mine used that technique on the floor of a van he turned into a motor home.  With a sprayed satin yacht varnish it looked a million dollars

@Maggie  truly fantastic work.  Dedication and craftsmanship.  I guess this is why wedding dresses are the price of a decent car

18 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

@Welshy: Great tray. Lots of good wood in pallets. Me, I'd need more finger holes

Thanks mate.  You sound like my wife RE: the finger holes ... telling her to have less on her late didn't go down too well

I grudge paying for timber.  As someone who knows the industry inside out.  The mark up is in the  late 00's % from production to end sale

Edited by welshblue

Very talented people on here :) 

That skull is superb @Eli - I see it's one of those folding ones.  I guess you printed it after making it in PDN?

@Ego Eram Reputo that handle is top notch and so shiny :)

@welshblue the wooden tray is fabulous :)  I just know @Woodsy would have been very impressed too :)

@Maggie that dress is so beautiful - jolly well done 😍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @Pixey.  MkII is better

I was thinking of Dave last night.  We'd spoken how we both wanted to make a stone castle in PDN ... I can't get into the mood to finish it

4 hours ago, Pixey said:

I see it's one of those folding ones.  I guess you printed it after making it in PDN

Yes, @Pixey . I saw a skull on the net but it did not have the pattern so I decided to make one. I printed it probably ten times before I got it right. It is just a cube but those angles gave me a fight :) .