Does Paint.net import Picasa folders/photos with edits?

urbanzen

hi, and please forgive the noob questions.  am finally about to give up Picasa for paint.net, but can't seem to find a few crucial answers:

1. does paint.net just 'find' all the images on my hard drive, as Picasa did?

2. will paint.net preserve the edits and changes that i made to photos in Picasa? or do i have to specifically export edited files to my hard drive, or what?

3. will paint.net import all the Picasa folders i've made, with their contents? i dont' care about my Picasa ALBUMS, but i have 100s of thousands of images in FOLDERS, all arranged for classes i teach. VERY important that i keep those if possible.

4. if paint.net won't import and preserve the contents of those folders, is there a similar photo editing program that will?

5. also, can we email from, and also upload photos directly to social media from paint.net?

Edited by urbanzen
forgot 2 questions.

5 minutes ago, urbanzen said:

1. does paint.net just 'find' all the images on my hard drive, as Picasa did?

No.  Paint.NET is an image editor, not an image library organizer.

5 minutes ago, urbanzen said:

2. will paint.net preserve the edits and changes that i made to photos in Picasa? or do i have to specifically export edited files to my hard drive, or what?

I'm not sure how Picasa stores its files.  Your best bet would be to export your edited files into .PNG format.