Sign in to follow this  
MohnJadden

Add an animated gif, add other elements, and save as animated gif?

I'm trying to create an image that has an existing animated gif file.  If I drag in the gif and create it as a layer, it doesn't retain the animation.  

I did drop the Animated Image plugin dll to the FileTypes folder, but if I go to save the file, it doesn't have the .agif option.  

is there a way to retain the animation of the gif and then save it as an animated gif?  

Hello @MohnJadden and Welcome to PDN :D

Yes, you can open an animated Gif into PDN. 

First, you must right click on the Gif and choose 'Save As' then add this code :RightArrowBlue: .agif  - to the end of the Gif's file name.  Also, change the' Save As Type' to 'All Files.'

i.e. it will look something like this:  animated-cat-image-0079.gif.agif

Open PDN and search for your renamed file - Go to Open and upload the Gif.  It should then open up all of the Gif into layers.

FYI - here is a tutorial on how to use Midora's Animated Gif Maker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm trying to open up a gif with the layers exposed, but I don't seem to have Save As in the R-Click Menu. Ideas?

I figured it out. You simply copy and paste the file (to retain the original), and edit the name and replace .gif with .agif. I want to say i've done this before, and just had a brain freeze.

Edited by tome10

<3 Dear @Pixey! I give you a big hug thank you very much,  KISSKISS.gif  I learned something new again, works wonderfully. 

652973.gif  Thank you, thank you, thank you....  :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1