3D Text to Backflip Helicopter Rotor GIF

Piece of cake! I have no idea how lol. I've surfed some threads on the GIF animations plugins, I've watched a youtube video on 3d text that I couldn't follow. So first thing is how do you flip the label on it's back and show depth? Does this have to be done in the text creating process, or can a label be extended?

margeauxmanor2.png

Fiddling with it, I may actually be looking for a 4D textblock in order to facilitate the rotation and see the back as it comes around. Is there a way to build-out using a layering technique? There's an Edge Detect Plugin that I don't know how to use, can it extend the edges out?

Try looking up 'Trail' in the Plugin Index ?

I really want a 4D version where you see the back, but just what I can manage with TR's Monolithic is what i'll settle for the time being.  A little tweaking, and that program would be really good at making Gifs. I did manage to edit my font which saved the project. I used Glypher Studio, and it was really really easy. I couldn't figure out font forge, or birdfont. I had to convert the file back to TTF for TRMonolithic to recognize the font.

Like this:

Margeaux.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

That's really good @tome10! If you want to do it without TR's plugin try the Add Depth plugin. That's what I used. That plugin and Rotate/Zoom made it real easy. Maybe by using Rotate /Zoom you can get it so you can see the back. Anyway, it looks like you've got it under control. Have fun!

You did a great job on your animation tome10. Well done with just PDN....

For these type of things, I like to use Blender. More options and better quality. Here's something I made just a couple of days ago. Not too bad for just started learning two weeks ago.

812e4KC.gif

• Like 1

69unju0.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Scripting: PDN has Scriptlab, and I played around with it a little, but couldn't get it to advance the ball. In Monolithic, I would like to advance the Yaw by one, paste into new layer, re-open Monolithic, and repeat say; 87 times lol. Is that possible? Maybe I should go check out Blender. With a few tweaks Monolithic would be really good at this. The shortcut at the top of effects that gets created that says "Repeat Monolithic" would repeat the advancing of Yaw would be awesome, but it doesn't. Thoughts.