How to Install Plugins ×

Trippy rainbow effect

pavlik1307

Description:

This effect converts each pixel brightness to hue spectrum color. Plugin has one slider to set spectrum offset.

Plugin: Effects > Color > Trippy rainbow

xkEJpQN.png

Examples:

njappP6.pngi579Cxz.pnguFYJygl.png

Github:

https://github.com/PavielKraskouski/PaintDotNetPlugins/tree/master/TrippyRainbow

Download:

TrippyRainbow.dll

Edited by pavlik1307
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

<3 @pavlik1307! Welcome to the :PaintDotNet32:forum. Thank you so much for sharing. :coffee: :cake:

My results: first picture original (self)

20160718_155017_1.png

13_April20183.png

13_April20182.png

13_April20181.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Very nice effect @pavlik1307   though it should not be in the 'Advanced' menu.

It belongs in the Effects-->Color menu.  Can you please change it?

Thanks!   ?

Added the menu location to the first post.

<3 Dear @Pixey and @lifeday!

Really very nice results from both of you. :trophy: :trophy:  Unfortunately, I can't score any more points today. Tomorrow I'll think of you.

Thank you so much for the sharing. :cake: :cake: :coffee: :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I know the problem, dear Seerose. Two weeks ago, nothing worked for me, I just didn't know exactly why. Well, finally I took a closer look at my account and a light came on! 
Have a nice 1st of May!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a way to use this plugin to emulate the Predator vision with reasonably convincing results, although I may be wrong. In case you're unfamiliar with the Predator movies franchise, I'm talking about these alien reptilian guys with a few sight issues they overcome by wearing helmets featuring various thermal vision modes. I think I've achieved one of such thermal vision modes in few steps, and I hope I'm not making a ridicule of myself ?

Original:

elephant-wallpaper-10460-10827-hd-wallpa

Through Predator vision:

elephant_Predator_vision_test_1.jpg

Whether my result looks convincing or not, I had a moment of amusement, so thanks a lot for this much appreciated effect ?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

<3 @Tekila! You are most welcome. Well done. Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

I think I've found a way to use this plugin to emulate the Predator vision with reasonably convincing results, although I may be wrong. In case you're unfamiliar with the Predator movies franchise, I'm talking about these alien reptilian guys with a few sight issues they overcome by wearing helmets featuring various thermal vision modes. I think I've achieved one of such thermal vision modes in few steps, and I hope I'm not making a ridicule of myself 

Whether my result looks convincing or not, I had a moment of amusement, so thanks a lot for this much appreciated effect

Hi Maximilian,

I would like to participate on your happiness.☺️ Yesterday I tried to rework your picture for hours. The elephant became great for me too, but the background.... . I couldn't figure out how to make it so great and fittin. Could you please give me a tip for my background problem? 
I thank you in advance and wish you a nice day,
lifeday

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lifeday said:

Hi Maximilian,

I would like to participate on your happiness.☺️ Yesterday I tried to rework your picture for hours. The elephant became great for me too, but the background.... . I couldn't figure out how to make it so great and fittin. Could you please give me a tip for my background problem? 
I thank you in advance and wish you a nice day,
lifeday

I will describe the process as briefly and clearly as possible (you will have to work separately on the background with a different plugin):

1— First duplicate the picture and erase the background on this duplicate layer, keeping only the elephant. For this, you can use the magic wand to select the elephant's contour adjusting the wand's tolerance very carefully so as to avoid erasing parts of the elephant itself. If this is not enough or doesn't work well, you can use the eraser, but always carefully (use the zoom to catch in detail what needs to be erased and what needs to be kept).

2— Once you have only the elephant on this layer, you can apply the Trippy rainbow effect (I used an Offset of 0.46 to achieve a thermal vision appearance). In this step, the fangs may not look quite right. To solve it, I selected the fangs and applied the Psychocolour effect (which is part of Red ochre's Plugin Pack) with a phase shift of 0.7 (only on the selected fangs).

3— To achieve the dark bluish background, you will need Red ochre's Poster plugin which is also part of Red ochre's Plugin Pack. Make another duplicate of the picture and apply the Poster plugin on this duplicate, setting Hue and Tone to a value of 2 (you can leave the Saturation value as it is). Invert colors (Ctrl + Shift + I), duplicate again setting the topmost duplicate's blend mode to Multiply, and then merge both layers. Now you should have the dark bluish background.

4— Finally, place the elephant layer resulting from step 2 on top of everything.

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me LaieA_060.gif

• Like 2

Many thanks for your help.
Because I had cut elephants free and treated them accordingly with Trippy rainbow effect, where your elephant was very helpful. With the darker and a little brighter background I had my problems, which I probably could not have solved myself, so never would have brought me to my goal. 
When I have finished the picture, I will adjust it.

Greetings from Germany

• Like 1

Hi Maximilian,

These are my results, and I've had my feelings of happiness. Thanks for the very good description, which made the reworking very pleasant. 

Greetings lifeday

elefangt_tiger_combi.jpg

• Like 4

Really nice outcomes, lifeday! t2716.gif

I'm super glad I could somehow contribute to your happiness t2776.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

<3 @Maximilian

Thank you very much for a detailed explanation. A master does not fall from heaven. Who doesn't ask, stays stupid.

Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

<3 Dear @lifeday!

Two fantastic results. :trophy: I love it, well done. Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

41 minutes ago, Seerose said:

<3 @Maximilian

Thank you very much for a detailed explanation. A master does not fall from heaven. Who doesn't ask, stays stupid.

Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Thanks for your lovely words, dear Seerose! You're always so kind LaieA_060.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1