Resynthesizer for Paint.net

^^ You can reduce the opacity of the Primary color and the Hardness of the Clone stamp. These two options give a much softer cloned area.

No more than 2 minutes with the clone stamp.

clone.jpg

I am not arguing that this is not possible with clone stamp, just that a "smart" tool makes it much easier and more convenient.

While it is possible to paint a house with an artist's brush, and I have no doubts that some people can even do a better job with it than I can with more suitable tools, it doesn't mean that it is the best tool for the job.  It currently takes me more time and effort to achieve inferior results using the existing tools in paint.net, and I am sure that I am not the only one that will benefit from that functionality.

There other other threads in which plugin authors are lauded for providing better, simpler, faster or more convenient ways to achieve results that were possible before.  Why is this different?

On 4/5/2018 at 7:37 PM, Zevel said:

I feature that I really miss in Paint.net is the ability to "smart erase" (also known as "content-aware fill" or "heal").

Can anyone please make a plugin based on the GIMP plugin source code at https://github.com/bootchk/resynthesizer ?

Thank you!

There is a plugin that does something very close but imperfectly - Selection Obscurer.

On 2018-04-06 at 3:25 PM, Rick Brewster said:

I dunno, seems like a cool idea to me. I think they were just pointing out that it's still possible to achieve that specific result.

Hopefully somebody will pick this up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 6:44 AM, Zevel said:

Hopefully somebody will pick this up. 

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait