Polygon Lasso Kickstarter Campaign

Hello,  I am a user of Paint.net since 3.36. 

I really love this masterpiece of C# code, but there is one missing feature, because of which I always have to switch to Photoshop (although Photoshop having a horrible user interface).

It is the Polygon Lasso tool and I know that it is in the Popular feature requests thread.

I think everybody has this problem and many people would even pay money to get it solved. Unfortunately I cannot program in C#. 

So here is what I can do: 

I want to create a Kickstarter Campaign for the Paint.NET Polygon Lasso Tool. I will pay all the money that the video etc costs myself (I do it for the experience) and all the collected money goes the Rick Brewster.

I want to know what the Forum thinks about that and also Rick Brewster thinks.

tools.png

Edited by peterneter

I appreciate the enthusiasm and the effort ... but that's not really the way things work :)  I don't take funding for specific features. I'll take all the donations you can send my way though, they do honestly help.

I've already got a github issue filed for tracking this feature, it's only a matter of when it gets done. There are a _lot_ of things to do! You should see some meaty, interesting updates coming out this year. I'm currently prototyping some GPU-based effect rendering, for instance.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Thank you for answering. 

Ok, I see.

Kickstarter would be also great advertising for Paint.NET so more donations would come in. And you could hire a person for specific features.

But OK I understand your point. Other features are more important and need to be finished in a clean way and it is probably horrible to switch from developing one feature to another.

Happy to hear that new features are in the line.