Editing Text

Hi, I looked but only found a short thread that had been closed before the issue I'm having was resolved. I also tried the plugin download recommended in that thread, but instructions didn't include how to activate/use the plugin once installed.

How can I edit text I've pasted into a layer in Paint.net? 

I want to add spaces between paragraphs and change a few words. 

Thank you.

Plugins are accessed via the Effects menu (or in some cases, the Adjustments menu).

You should make your edits to your text before you paste it into paint.net. Once the text is in the image, it becomes pixels.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I think jamesdean might be referring to the Editable Text plugin https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/10056-editable-text-v10-stable/

If I'm correct, see this from the first post in the plugin thread

On 5/27/2008 at 11:18 PM, Simon Brown said:

To add text to an image, create a new layer and click Effects -> Tools -> Editable Text. Then enter the text and text style. To edit the text, simply run the plugin again. Do not make any changes to that layer apart from layer properties and editing the text with this plugin.