Looking for a shallow water tutorial

Hi all! I'm looking for someone to point me in the direction of a tutorial to make some shallow water. I've got my base image, and I'd like to have a thin layer of water around the symbol, so that the symbol is poking up through the water, but have the water be clear enough to see through it down to the stone below. I also want to put a few droplets on the symbol itself, so if anyone has suggestions for tutorials there, I'm open to them. Thanks in advance.

Loni

2.jpg

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

Hi Loni,

I had a play around with water and wondered if this may be what you are looking for?

symbol_under_water.png

I made a new layer above the symbol, and filled it with a low transparency of blue for first and second colors.

Then I ran the Water Reflection Plug on it by @MadJik found here.

After running that, you can delete half of the layer to your needs.

On the water line I added a sliver of water bubbles, some which can be found here.  Then you can play with color modes to get it to look right.

I just added a few bubbles I made long ago, but there is an actual tutorial for water drops, which has a PDF with pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9o23pony6phnzc/Easy Waterdrops Updated.pdf?dl=0

Good Luck

:D

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks @Pixey! I love the silver bubbles you have on the water line!

After much trial and error, I did end up getting an effect that I liked. I debated whether or not to post it, or to just let this post slip into obscurity. Guess I should've posted.

This is what I ended up with:

water-beveled.png

To be used with my other image of the claw marks:

water.gif

• Like 2

LoniTownsendSig.jpg