Looking for a palette to make boot screen BMP visible

Hello,

I am trying to edit my boot screen. I extracted it from the "ntoskrnl.exe" and now I am having a pitch black BMP.

I have read, that you need a special colour palette to make the actual image visible. For both, Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop, its called "Palette 16". Links to both ones can be found here (Paint Shop Pro) and here (Photoshop).

Is there something similar for Paint.Net? Or is someone around here able to convert one of the given palettes to a Paint.Net-compatible one?

Thanks for your time and patience,

Martin

Yes, I know, for Paint.Net its just a text file. But I still need to know the colour hex codes equivalent to the colours of the palettes linked above. Otherwise, my bootscreen shot is completely black.

Is there such a palette? Or is somebody around, who owns Paint Shop Pro and could export the palette above to a txt file? Help would be really appreciated.

If this site has the correct values, then you can just copy this text to a .txt file in your Paint.Net Files\Palettes folder.

; Paint.NET Palette File
; Lines that start with a semicolon are comments
; Colors are written as 8-digit hexadecimal numbers: aarrggbb
; For example, this would specify green: FF00FF00
; The alpha ('aa') value specifies how transparent a color is. FF is fully opaque, 00 is fully transparent.
; A palette must consist of ninety six (96) colors. If there are less than this, the remaining color
; slots will be set to white (FFFFFFFF). If there are more, then the remaining colors will be ignored.
FF000000
FF808080
FFC0C0C0
FFFFFFFF
FF800000
FFFF0000
FF800080
FFFF00FF
FF008000
FF00FF00
FF808000
FFFFFF00