Ahhhh......Her fur looks so s-o-f-t....I want to pet her @Pixey.

I never got another cat yet after mine passed January of 2019.  Taking a little pet break.  But soon....

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG!  Look who I bumped into...

SLC.jpg

@BoltBait and @toe_head2001!

I was driving half way across the country and stopped in Salt Lake City, Utah for the night. We met up for lunch (and a nice chat about CodeLab) before I headed out toward California.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

That's so cool @BoltBait and @toe_head2001  When will you be in Florida @BoltBait ?

If you are in Utah isn't @MJW living there too :)  Maybe give him a call 😄

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

21 hours ago, Pixey said:

When will you be in Florida @BoltBait ?

Never?  Man, driving from California to North Dakota to visit my daughter was far enough! 24 hours of driving... each way... ugh.

21 hours ago, Pixey said:

If you are in Utah isn't @MJW living there too :)  Maybe give him a call 😄

Actually, @null54 was invited, but he declined due to Covid-19 concerns. Totally understandable. He was missed though!

(We did wear masks, but removed them for the photograph.) 

Click to play:
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

People are never as we imagine them ... a real Chris Martin lookalikey @toe_head2001

14 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

24 hours of driving... each way... ugh.

Woah, it makes us on smaller isles appreciate the vastness ... my kids are only 5 hours away on a round trip albeit in different directions and I still haven't seen my son since Christmas (he refuses to come home as he lives in a 'hotspot'  and my daughter only twice 

Hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter @BoltBait

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

21 hours ago, welshblue said:

Hope you enjoyed your time with your daughter @BoltBait

As short as the time was, yes, I enjoyed spending time with my daughter and my grand-kids.

We enjoy playing board games.  We played Patchwork and Rivals for Catan which is a 2 player card game based on the Settlers game. It was just as fun (frustrating, ha!) as the original.

Me with my daughter, @lizzy_1_year:

patchwork.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Click to play:

You've got a very pretty daughter (I want her T-Shirt ...)

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

grand-kids.

I must be getting old, she only looks about 12 😉

Out of curiosity, what did the Prius actually return MPG wise on a long run, compared to the official figures ?

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

20 hours ago, welshblue said:

what did the Prius actually return MPG wise on a long run, compared to the official figures ?

Here is a picture I took of the dashboard after about 1000 miles on the trip. I had reset TripA for the purposes of measuring the MPG for my trip:

TripA.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness of the picture, but I was driving at the time and had to take the picture with one hand... I cleaned it up the best I could.

For those across the pond:

80 MPH = 129 KPH

1051.1 Miles = 1691.6 Kilometres

51.1 MPG = 21.7 KML

91*F = 32.8*C

Official MPG of the Prius is 55MPG, so close. I did notice that it gets better MPG when using the cruise control.

I, typically, get around 48-49MPG (20.4-20.8 KML).

Image may contain: car

Click to play:

11 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I had reset TripA for the purposes of measuring the MPG for my trip:

... and could get more if closer to the optimal driving speed 🤣

I'm guessing you're on 17/ 18" alloys ?  I think the 15's are slightly higher figures

Still that's not too shabby.  

I checked mine and it's official is 64 mpg but actually returning 52.1, but then there's no dual carriage ways or motorways, just A roads and people who can't drive above 40 on all the corners ... or even the straights ... 

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

19 hours ago, welshblue said:

You've got a very pretty daughter (I want her T-Shirt ...)

I must be getting old, she only looks about 12 😉

I found it a few weeks ago at Walmart, your local store probably has one! (Edit: My dad pointed out you live in the UK. Maybe Asda, Amazon, or Etsy then!) 

I'm 23, but I do get that a lot 😉 My husband loves to tell the story of the time we went to a restaurant and they gave me the "children under 12 get in free with a parent" discount. 😝

14 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

Whoa... @toe_head2001 looks like a rock star! And @BoltBait your daughter is gorgeous. 

Long trips though, oof. I used to travel from Wisconsin to Alabama every summer on the bus, and it's about 24 hours that way too. I feel your pain.

Thank you so much! I did really enjoy seeing my dad, although hopefully he won't need to make the trip again! After Coronavirus calms down a bit I'll be flying our kids in to see him more often 😄

119159403_373427103824399_8651710127475528644_n.jpg

Edited by lizzy_1_year
  • Upvote 2

WOW!  Love all of the above!  <3

@toe_head2001... not at all how I imagined you'd look.  You're so...young!  I see why you are 'toe-head'.

@BoltBait... your daughter and grandchildren are adorable.  I'm glad you had some time with them!

@lizzy_1_year... your children are so precious! Looks like you have your hands full.

And you have a picture with Leonard Nimoy!  He is sorely missed.  Loved his little 'voice' cameos on Big Bang Theory, not to mention Star Trek.

Take care of yourself everyone!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lizzy_1_year said:

(Edit: My dad pointed out you live in the UK. Maybe Asda, Amazon, or Etsy then!) 

Close ... Wales next to the rest of the UK.   😉 😁

Thanks.  After seeing the full Tee (I don't like many people as I get older)  I had to find one, and seeing so many different styles with the same text I think I'll design my own, so thanks for planting the seed

Beautiful kids you've got, your Dad must be very proud of you all.   

Love the dining out story 😁

• Upvote 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery