welshblue

Metallic Marble Text

<3 @welshblue:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

On 12.3.2018 at 4:37 PM, welshblue said:

Just worked out this is my 30 + tutorial.  I think I'd better stop after the next one 

Anyway many write no more tutorial. I am very sad to hear that. I know that it does a lot of work.

Every time pleased to follow your tutorials. Yes man, you are so very good! 

Many thanks for all your hard work. 

13Maerz18.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Seerose said:

Anyway many write no more tutorial. I am very sad to hear that.

I just don't want people getting fed up and thinking, "oh no, not another one"

I love your rendition of this one.  You've really made the texture glow and sing

Thanks for the rep, and  @MJW @xod and @ReMake.  A small bit of appreciation make the 10 hours of so, experimenting and writing it worth while

This could be the next one if enough people are interested ?  40 odd hours to get to thinking I've maybe, possibly cracked glass ?

Glass_Example_3.png

Impossible without @MJW's plugins and pointers along the way

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 9

I made this glass text in Gimp. I think your's looks better though.

5gQIC4V.jpg

• Like 3

<3 @ReMake<3 @MJW!  <3 @welshblue! and <3 @xod! Thank you so much for the rep. point. :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

21 hours ago, welshblue said:

This could be the next one if enough people are interested ?  40 odd hours to get to thinking I've maybe, possibly cracked glass ?

@welshblue! Oh, yes! I am very interested. I really like glossy's.

<3 @dipstick! Great job, tahnk you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

A very interesting tutorial @welshblue.  The background rendering is amazing and I'm going to remember that for future things I make.  I tried all sort of images, and text Fonts, with this tute but none turned out very well.  This tutorial is really well suited for the 'upright/tall' kinds of font.  Whilst playing with them, I sometimes got some nice 'close-to-glass' images, so I'm looking forward to your tute on that :)

QN0U1Ku.png

• Like 3

Very interesting tut @welshblue   :)    In playing around with the first Texture Shader round, I discovered some results that I will have to play with more.

And thank you for discovering an easier way to make 'textured glass' (the background).  I've been hunting for a way to do this better.  :D

And please do, make a tut for the 'glass'!  :P

metallicmarble_01.png

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 4

Thank you for that link to that texture site, I'm sure I'll use some of them in future projects.

CN0EFzi.jpg

P.S. I also figured out how to do a decent distortion effect on glass text.

file.php?id=34870

• Like 5

@Pixey  @lynxster4 and @dipstick ... really nice examples.  Great to see the different variations.  Thanks for trying it. 

@LionsDragon ... many thanks.

The settings for that particular glass text are on an envelope somewhere and for the life of me I can't find it.

The good news is after experimenting I've found a quicker, hopefully better looking way of doing it.

Touch wood and life permitting I'll get it posted this weekend

That's great Welsh. If for some reason you can't do the glass text tut, I actually made a Glass Text custom font if anyone is interested. You'll need the XCF import plugin to open it in PDN though..

file.php?id=34882

Here's the file: Glass.xcf.7z (3.5 MB)

P.S. I also made the flag.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1