Things I would like to see in future updates

FutL

So I've been using paint.net for quite a while and absolutely love it. Some things i think would make this program better are:

Bezier Curve Selection Tool:

I have seen this tool in other free photo editors and l really wish this was in paint.net. This tool allows you to make a selection by clicking at a starting point and outlining your image in different points. While just being able to make straight lines would be fine for me, another things is that you can click and hold to make a curve.

Vector Layer/Ability to edit lines:

I would really like to see something along the lines of paint tool sai's way of vector layers implemented to paint.net. I believe that this would be a truly amazing thing and would for sure make this program a lot better. The ability to have a line work layer would really help me and I'm sure many others.

Gui customization:

Something like a dark theme or whatnot.

These are just suggestions but it would be amazing to see these implemented to paint.net.

47 minutes ago, FutL said:

I have seen this tool in other free photo editors and l really wish this was in paint.net. This tool allows you to make a selection by clicking at a starting point and outlining your image in different points. While just being able to make straight lines would be fine for me, another things is that you can click and hold to make a curve.

As a workaround, this can be done in three steps.

1) Define your region with the Bezier Curve on a new layer.

2) Use the Magic Wand within the region.

3) Switch back to your other layer.

51 minutes ago, FutL said:

I would really like to see something along the lines of paint tool sai's way of vector layers implemented to paint.net. I believe that this would be a truly amazing thing and would for sure make this program a lot better. The ability to have a line work layer would really help me and I'm sure many others.

Rick has made it clear that paint.net is intended to be a raster image editor, and will not be adding vector support. Use Inkscape or Illustrator for your vector needs.

52 minutes ago, FutL said:

Something like a dark theme or whatnot.

Dark theme was added a couple of versions ago. https://blog.getpaint.net/2018/01/09/paint-net-4-0-20-is-now-available/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

2 hours ago, FutL said:

Bezier Curve Selection Tool:

Try this for outlining using complex curves