Jump to content

Things I would like to see in future updates


Recommended Posts

So I've been using paint.net for quite a while and absolutely love it. Some things i think would make this program better are:

 

Bezier Curve Selection Tool:

I have seen this tool in other free photo editors and l really wish this was in paint.net. This tool allows you to make a selection by clicking at a starting point and outlining your image in different points. While just being able to make straight lines would be fine for me, another things is that you can click and hold to make a curve.

 

Vector Layer/Ability to edit lines:

I would really like to see something along the lines of paint tool sai's way of vector layers implemented to paint.net. I believe that this would be a truly amazing thing and would for sure make this program a lot better. The ability to have a line work layer would really help me and I'm sure many others.

 

Gui customization:

Something like a dark theme or whatnot.

 

These are just suggestions but it would be amazing to see these implemented to paint.net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FutL said:

I have seen this tool in other free photo editors and l really wish this was in paint.net. This tool allows you to make a selection by clicking at a starting point and outlining your image in different points. While just being able to make straight lines would be fine for me, another things is that you can click and hold to make a curve.

 

As a workaround, this can be done in three steps.

1) Define your region with the Bezier Curve on a new layer.

2) Use the Magic Wand within the region.

3) Switch back to your other layer.

 

51 minutes ago, FutL said:

I would really like to see something along the lines of paint tool sai's way of vector layers implemented to paint.net. I believe that this would be a truly amazing thing and would for sure make this program a lot better. The ability to have a line work layer would really help me and I'm sure many others.

 

Rick has made it clear that paint.net is intended to be a raster image editor, and will not be adding vector support. Use Inkscape or Illustrator for your vector needs.

 

52 minutes ago, FutL said:

Something like a dark theme or whatnot.

 

Dark theme was added a couple of versions ago. https://blog.getpaint.net/2018/01/09/paint-net-4-0-20-is-now-available/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FutL said:

Bezier Curve Selection Tool:

I have seen this tool in other free photo editors and l really wish this was in paint.net. This tool allows you to make a selection by clicking at a starting point and outlining your image in different points. While just being able to make straight lines would be fine for me, another things is that you can click and hold to make a curve.

 

Try this for outlining using complex curves

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...