Photoshop's Median Stack Mode in Paint.NET

-M4-

I'm trying to remove some objects using the Median Stack Mode way but Paint.NET doesn't have this filter. Anybody know how to do it?

18z185kisncxdjpg.jpg.bd37cb94abe2fd9d65f0fae60a3dde0a.jpg

Edited by -M4-

You can try that manually, try difference blending mode to align two layer, if the resultant is black then it is properly aligned. change the blending more to normal use eraser to remove things for upper layer & flatten. Try with all layers. that's all I can suggest. And yes, under current architecture of paint.net any effect works only on selected layer. 

Rl7un0O.png

10 hours ago, -M4- said:

About the one where plug-ins only work on one layer, are you sure about that?

It's definitely true that plugins can only modify or even "see" the active layer. There's no way for plugins to access the data on any other layer. Plugins can also use the clipboard, but that wouldn't help for a median plugin, which needs at least three simultaneous images. A plugin could be written to do the median from file images (as the example shown appears to do). I don't think a file-based version seems useful enough to be worth the considerable effort it would take to write, but maybe someone else might.

43 minutes ago, MJW said:

There's no way for plugins to access the data on any other layer.

But if several photos are placed in the same image then a plugin could have access to them but it would have to be a very large image to have good quality. I am not a programmer so It may not be true what I just wrote. 

7 hours ago, Eli said:

if several photos are placed in the same image then a plugin could have access to them

No, it doesn't work like that. Plugins only get to access the active layer.

I believe what Eli means is that the photos would all be in the same layer, arranged in an array. That would certainly be possible, but as Eli suggests, somewhat inconvenient and impractical.