How to Install Plugins ×

Outlined / Gradient text

xod

Oooooo - I like it ;)   This looks really cool @xod I'm sure I'll use it often.  You are doing great with making Plugins - well done :pizza::lol:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Someone asked me to add a font style.
I added the Bold, Italic and Underlined style in the new version.

Question: How to change version of plugin in CodeLab?

Hi @xod

After making the change in the Version line of the CS file - when you hit build - you will see another place to edit the Version number with control buttons. It doesn't carry over.

Manually change the number in your text box as well under Help Contents

This is a best guess scenario and I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong :lol:

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Hello,

I downloaded the version of "Outlined Gradient Text" modified by xod. Unfortunately Paint. net crashes again and again.  

I downloaded xods -link because I couldn't find the modified BoltBait link. Can someone please tell me the modivied link?

Thank you and good night from Hamburg, Germany

lifeday

Attached the error message of Paint. net.

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\OutlinedGradientText.dll

Name: OutlinedGradientText1Effect.OutlinedGradientText1EffectPlugin

Version: 1.2.6631.35197

Author: Copyright ©2018 by xod & BoltBait

Copyright: Draws outlined, gradient filled text

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Aharoni' does not support style 'Regular'.

at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()

at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)

at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize)

at OutlinedGradientText1Effect.OutlinedGradientText1EffectPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)

at OutlinedGradientText1Effect.OutlinedGradientText1EffectPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 98

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 170

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 150

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 142

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 239

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 374

at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 320

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_5.<RunEffectImpl>b__5() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 1032

@xod    The hatch brushes are a great addition to the plugin! 

I tried them...they work beautifully.   <3  :)

41 minutes ago, lifeday said:

Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.ArgumentException: Font 'Aharoni' does not support style 'Regular'.

Source code needs more try/catch blocks around creating fonts.

• Upvote 1

@lifeday

Strange, it works very well for me.
Until I fix the issue, try making a copy of the font on the desktop then delete the font from the fonts folder in windows.
Now I'm at work.

Edited by xod

Hello, Xod,
Hello Bolt Bait,

thank you for discussing my problem.
Meanwhile, I researched and found out that this font is probably no longer supported by Word. (in De)

With the plugin "Spaced Text" I can display Aharono Bolt in Paint. Net; the font is integrated in the plugin for clicking on it.

It's as it is, I liked the plugin because it offers everything concerning the color representation and editing. But you can't always have everything.

Thank you very much for the many great tips and tricks and the great plugins and instructions.
Greetings from Hamburg/Germany
lifeday

Translation of this text via Deepl. Translator. Sorry for that!

Hi Xod,

I deleted the plugin from Paint.Net and replaced it with the newly downloaded one. Here is the result: The error message has become another - added picture
I had to go that way so I could paste the picture.

I wish you a good start to the new week
lifeday

fehlermeldung_outlined gradient.png