cannot select any color in opening layer

jwb

What exactly you trying to do? Picking a color in the Colors-Window or using Color PickerĀ :ColorPickerTool: for selecting a color directly in the image?

Edited by IRON67

Entering text for example: I go to color wheel, select black as primary color. Go back and type and nothing is there.

Editing a graphic: I select paintbrush, pick a color, attempt to edit it. Nothing happens. Even if I just want to slash a line thru the graphic. Only if I select Add a layer can I select a color.

Maybe you try to type text outside of a active selection or your computer may have a serious problem if that happens in other software too.

Which Windows version and Paint.NET version do you use?

Windows 10 - build 1703.. paint.net 4.021

If I import a logo and use rectangle select to pick an area. I can use any any secondary color but except black.

I've used paint.net for many years and never had an issue with it until last upgrade.

Ā 

in image attached (hopefully) I used rectangle select around the 1991 and ball. You can see brighter green slashing along with yellow within that box using secondary color. Once you get to edge of rectangle it stops. Also I cannot use black as secondary color

91Traded.jpg

Look in the menu on BLENDING MODE. Maybe you use "Additive", "Color Dodge", "Difference", "Negation", "Lighten", "Screen" or "XOR" and then clearly Black doesn't work.

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 1