Sign in to follow this  
Kdonn

Paint.net folder in program files

Hi,

I am trying to add the PDF plugins to Paint.net, following the guide

It instructs me to  Copy the ImPDF.Open.FileType (.dlc and .dll) files and paste them in File Types folder under the Paint.NET folder.

However I cant find the Paint.net folder, I have gone to the C drive, program files and paint.net does not show up.

This is a windows 10 computer and I bought paint.net from the windows store. Is the Paint.net folder stored elsewhere? Search doesn't seem to show anything else. Hidden files and folders are turned on to no avail. 

But what about plugins?!

Oh! Don’t worry. Plugins are supported for the Store release. You just have to install them in a different location. Go to your Documents folder, create a folder called “paint.net App Files” (no quotes though), and then create a folder for each plugin type: Effects, FileTypes, and Shapes. And then put your plugins into each folder just like you’re used to with the Classic release. This does mean that plugins are installed per-user, mind you.

paint.net folder in Program Files is for 'classic' installation.

I have located the folder paint.net App Files

Created a new folder within it called PDF and then saved the ImPDF.Open.FileType .dlc & .dll files into it

Are there any other steps to get paint.net to open a PDF it still does not see any PDF files when i search for them. 

I am following this guide:

Is there perhaps a newer one made to suit the windows store version.

9 minutes ago, Kdonn said:

I have located the folder paint.net App Files

Created a new folder within it called PDF and then saved the ImPDF.Open.FileType .dlc & .dll files into it

Move the plugin to Filetypes.

5a787a50d5c49_Image058.png.c293735f8690997dd467b533a706297a.png

The pdf plugin should be in that folder.

Not "PDF".

Hello Kdonn,

I have the exact same problem as you originally explained, I have windows 10 and I cannot find the folder, where is it? Maybe you can send me a screenshot/autoscreen to make it even more clear? 

All help is appreciated

Thank you so much Ego Eram Reputo.

In the link you sent me I have come so far where It now says: 

''If you downloaded a FileType plugin, move the uncompressed *.DLL to the \FileTypes\ subdirectory.

If you downloaded an Effect plugin, move the uncompressed *.DLL file to the \Effects\ subdirectory.''

When did I download that? How do you download such a plugin?

Hopefully you downloaded a plugin from this forum 👍

In the thread where the plugin was released the author will have stated what type of plugin it is/was. If you can't find the thread, search for the plugin in the Plugin Index. The first colored tag tells you what type of plugin you have.

image.png