Downloading Process.

Travis The Designer

So, when I attempt to try and download the program. It just stops at a certain point when It attempts to download .NET Framework with the actual program.

Then it just says "Installation Failed" Or something like that. Any moderator or anyone can help me with this problem?

Edited by Travis The Designer
Mispelling

Try installing the .NET Framework first.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56115

Then install paint.net afterwards.

https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

3 minutes ago, Travis The Designer said:

This is an example of the glitch of the installation just stopping, and then later on gonna crash,

I see no glitch.

Does it eventually display an error message or a crash log?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

If NET Framework installation fails, you can try the following steps (works for me perfectly)

1. If there is an error log, view it and search nearly at the end of the very long text the ProductCode of your version. For 4.7.1 it should be {E0C7523C-686B-3EE6-8FB1-CB4339E30EDD}

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer and create the new Key SecureRepairWhitelist

3. Create IN this Key a new String Value and use as value the ProductCode {E0C7523C-686B-3EE6-8FB1-CB4339E30EDD}.

After closing regedit you can restart the NET Framework installation and it should work.

...okay ... I'm too late...

Edited by IRON67