Instant crash of last version

MtMB

Hello.

Yesterday my copy of Paint.NET started crashing w/o even launching (and it doesn't always show error message, just nothing happening), the days before everything was fine (program was updated around January 15th).

I immediately reinstalled .NET Framework but nothing changed, system's uninstall and reinstall from fresh download don't work too, I downloaded portable version to check - same problem, tried to delete it w/ Revo Uninstaller - same error (deleted only registry stuff). Luckily I found portable 3.5.11 version on my hard drive and - it works.

Pinning logs listed in error message.

Temp.zip

Edited by MtMB

apologies, last logs are from last portable, but errors are same (for some reason, installed version and install exe don't create logs now, and I said that program is updated, on home site last update listed as Jan 14th + even more outdated version works fine)

I guess? they are pretty old

Edited by MtMB

I see you have Avast. Please temporarily disable it, and see if that makes a difference.

The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Both the .hddmp file and the .log are still reporting a memory Access Violation.

Do you have any other "security" software running?

What happens when you try to run paint.net while in Windows Safe Mode?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab