Paint.net installation suddenly stops...

Buli

I downloaded the "paint.net.4.0.21.install" ... that perfectly worked. Than I klicked on it to start the installation. The installation starts, and when it gets to the point where it says "extracting files" it suddenly stops. No error no nothing! It just disappears, and the programm isn`t on my computer afterwards.... What can I do??? 

And please reply in easy words bc I know nothing about computers! 

8 hours ago, Buli said:

I downloaded the "paint.net.4.0.21.install" ... that perfectly worked. Than I klicked on it to start the installation. The installation starts, and when it gets to the point where it says "extracting files" it suddenly stops. No error no nothing! It just disappears, and the programm isn`t on my computer afterwards.... What can I do??? 

And please reply in easy words bc I know nothing about computers! 

My 4.0.21 installaton crashes too! I tried that .NET Framework download but when I run it it says that I already have it installed!!

My error message reads as shown in the capture attached. It's supposedly due to a Direct2D problem, a "NoHardwareDeviceException". Very frustrating!!!

paint.net.4.0.21.install error.jpg