CodeLab versions

I use sometime older computers with Windows XP and paint.net 3.5.11
At work I use Windows 7 and I can't update to the last version of net framework because I don't have
admin rights so I use paint.net v4.0.19 on stick.
I need CodeLab compatible with these versions of paint.net.

Before you get too excited, there will be some limitations...

• There is no Roll Ball control.  That wasn't introduced until paint.net v4.0.

• There is no help system and no help editor.

• There is no colorful slider decorations.  That's also a 4.0 feature.

• There is no option for Aliased Selections as ALL selections in Paint.NET 3.5.11 are aliased.

• You can only enable/disable controls based on a checkbox and not other types of controls.

• The code generation is slightly different for some effects and all of the BlendOps.  This means, that it won't necessarily compile a modern script you see on the forums.  However, the "File > New" templates will generate the appropriate code for Paint.NET v3.5.11 so maybe you can use that to convert a newer script for use on older Paint.NET.

This will take quite a bit of work to accomplish... but, I will have something for you to play with when @toe_head2001 and I publish CodeLab 3.3.

ALSO!  This will be a "one-off".  In other words, it will be the last CodeLab to support Paint.NET 3.5.11.  We are not going to be supporting two forks of CodeLab.

• Upvote 4

On 1/29/2018 at 1:02 PM, BoltBait said:

This will be a "one-off".  In other words, it will be the last CodeLab to support Paint.NET 3.5.11.

OK, I have published CodeLab v1.8f (where "f" stands for "final") here: http://boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/History/#v1.8f

Be sure to tell all of your Windows XP, Paint.NET 3.5.11 using, bell bottom wearing friends!

(Also, tell them to upgrade their OS to Windows 10 before they get a virus!)

EDIT: For you people using CodeLab 1.8f, if you open a modern script and there are build errors, the first thing you should try is press Ctrl+G then Enter.

• Upvote 2

Firing up 3.5.10 on my old XP box to test this was kinda nostalgic. Thanks for the memories BoltBait :D

Thanks EER for testing this on XP.

We also had toe_head2001 test this on WINE.

Everything's working.

BTW, @xod, CodeLab 3.3 will work just fine on paint.net 4.0.19 (as requested in your original message).  In fact, I built it against 4.0.6.