Pixey

RIP - Felix the cat.

A very sad day for my husband and myself, as it was time for Felix to go to cat heaven :(.  He will be greatly missed - he is our last cat, having said bye-bye to 7 over the past 40 years.  It doesn't get any easier when they have to go  bawling.gif

dU46DMz.png

• Like 1

I know your feelings. My last cat died with age 13 many years ago and since then I don't wanted a new one.It's to hard.

• Like 1

Oh, @Pixey   :(    So sorry your cat has passed.  I will be going thru that soon.  My cat (my avatar) is 19 years old and he's barely getting around.

13 is way too young for a cat.  I hope he didn't suffer much...kitty heaven will be enriched with his entrance.

• Like 1

Thank you very much @IRON67 and @lynxster4 - you obviously know how sad times like these can be. 

He was actually 16 years old.  He found us at the age of 2, when we were living in Switzerland.  He waltzed into our house and made a beeline for the cat bed of a cat we'd just put down.  And the rest is history.  After he moved in we found out that he belonged to a family two miles away who had 6 kids whom he did not like :lol:.  The owners agreed we could keep him.  He then moved with us from Nidau just outside Bern, to Geneva for two years, then on to the Isle of Man for 8 years, and then on here to Florida.  His kidneys started to go about a year ago, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that he went downhill rapidly.

Very sorry for your loss @Pixey I'm sure you know cats are not pets, but part of the family. I have had my Lucy for only 8 years so far and I hope she is with me for many many years to come. It sounds like Felix has had a happy and well travelled life and was very much loved too. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I have one that is 7 years old and if it gets to live as long as yours I won't get another one. I am afraid a new one would overlive me. :) 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss Pixey.  You've got the memories of how he chose you as his forever family, to hopefully comfort you

• Like 1

Thank you ever so much everyone for your comments :)  It does help an awful lot to talk about this and know that others understand what it's like to lose a pet :|.

Yes, @DrewDale they are just like family :lol:

@Pixey  sorry about the age.  I don't know where I got 13 from!  Must have been 'having a moment'.  :)

22 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@Pixey  sorry about the age.  I don't know where I got 13 from!  Must have been 'having a moment'.  :)

That's alright @lynxster4 I expect you read @IRON67's post after mine and remembered his mention of 13 :lol:

@lynxster4 BTW: My (and may grandmas's) oldest cat was 26 and her daughter 24, when they died. Because of eating onions and tomatoes, maybe. No joke.

Edited by IRON67

9 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

@lynxster4 BTW: My (and may grandmas's) oldest cat was 26 and her daughter 24, when they died. Because of eating onions and tomatoes, maybe. No joke.

This gives me hope! My girl would live on tomatoes if we let her (although we don't generally let her eat onions because she becomes a furry biohazard).

• Upvote 1

<3 Dear @Pixey! I'm so sorry to hear that. Cat died at 4 years old (she has had catAIDS).  I understand you all what this is for pain. 

Hello @Sakana Oji Felix was 17 years old and his kidneys failed, which often happens to cats :(