How to Install Plugins ×

Gradual Stripe Plugin (v 2.0)

Pratyush

Hi All,

This plugin makes stripes with specified number. It begins with 1st color and after changing its shade step by step it converges to secondary color. 

Version 2.0 is entirely rewritten. Many thanks to @BoltBait for all of his effort making this effect a reality.

New version respects the selection and doesn't gets distorted with its border. (For those who like distortion property of earlier version I have also kept previous plugin here, Both can installed together as they have different DLL version number, New plugin will has a slightly different icon.)

New UI: 

cflXelh.png

Spoiler

v1.0 created plugin

v1.1 added feature for repeating 

v1.2 added feature to invert colors

v1.3 added feature to start from centre

v2.0 New version entirely rewritten. It has fully freely movable nubs and it respects selection.

TT6TGTB.png

If it is rendered on an active selection (in case of older version), the renders depends upon the shape of selection.

DUiyWY6.png

Version 2.0 

7i644hv.png

Download v1.3 

Download v2.0 

Edited by Pratyush
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Rl7un0O.png

@lynxster4 Thanks. I have made this plugin for special purpose. That's when it will come handy.

Thanks @Pixey . Almost all of the work done with help of forum members. To make it's just i threw myself in water tried to wade. I didn't used visual studio but just codelab and botbait's tutorial. I needed this effect for some important work, but can't request developers to make it for me as they are busy with their work. So, I myself tried to make it. After working a lot made the plugin. forum members pointed out (something obvious) I was getting wrong and gave up after trying a lot. I was very proud of myself that I managed to make stripe with three loops but someone did it in two loops only using some clever mathematics.  

Rl7un0O.png

Well, you pat yourself on the back vigorously @Pratyush!  Very admirable!  I, too, wish I could code a plugin...:roll:

You've done a great job on your first!  :star:

<3 @Pratyush!  :trophy: Thank you so much for your effort. :coffee: :cake:

22Januar18.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Would be nice if you could include an angle dial or slider...is that possible @Pratyush ?    :/

4 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Would be nice if you could include an angle dial or slider...is that possible @Pratyush ?    :/

For the way this plugin is written, it would be really, really hard.

If you want to simulate the same thing, just draw a gradient the angle you want (be sure to disable anti-aliasing) then run Adjustments > Posterize.

• Like 1

Thank you @BoltBait   :)

I discovered that if you use this plugin as a selection fill and play with the coloring a bit, it resembles snakeskin.  Thank you @Pratyush  :D

gradualstripes.png

• Like 2

@BoltBait, @lynxster4 I think this happens because the plugin tries to make stripe according to varying width of selection. Following I drew with square, eclipse, trapezoid and rectangle selection.

DUiyWY6.png

Stripes are interesting if the selection is inside out.

GyDUSYu.png

It seems if complex selection is used the stripes resemble snake skin.

Looks like stripes can be used to make artwork.

Maybe I will add a smoothing function. :) 

Edited by Pratyush

Rl7un0O.png

33 minutes ago, Pratyush said:

Maybe I will add a smoothing function. :) 

Yes, please!  :D

Will do. Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1