SAVING STUCK ON FINISHING AGAIN!

Okay, this is getting very annoying.

I am not asking for a solution anymore, i just want this bug fixed.  I kill paint.net while MANY projects that i worked so hard on and forgot to save are open.

Now, 30 minutes after i kill it, i take a long time drawing something, and when i finish i try to save and the save configuration is stuck on <No cursing.>ing saving again

please, please, PLEASE fix this in a later patch, it's so annoying!

• Like 1

And you think, multiple questions with such words can force a bugfix?

There is only ONE single person working on the code an he is making a good job. In your case the reason is possibly not a problem of PDN but of your operating system, administrator rights or an overhelming filesize...

In your other questions you don't provide any useful information but you use UPPERCASE. that's not helpful.

Edited by IRON67

to be fair, my computer is 2 years old, but this has happened on my newer computer which is a little less than 2 weeks old, as well as my 3 month old school computer.

From my knowledge file size doesn't matter. This has happened on images with 2 layers and 7 layers, and in this case only 3 total images were open.  Administrator rights isn't an issue as i only have 1 account on all of my computers (which is the administrator account) and sorry about the strong words, I was just so frustrated after i worked 30 minutes an image and now it's just gone.

Maybe you think, there is only one administrator, but in fact there are two and I guess, you are only using the "official" administrator.

Whatsoever ... you don't tell anything about filesize, pixel dimensions. You don't tell about other running programs like anti virus. All I see is continous crying. My PC is 9 (!!) years old and I had this issue 2 times with broken files. I have never asked here for a bugfix, but researched for myself to find the reason.

Edited by IRON67
  • Like 1

Well ... only to verify, that it isn't a new bug, I've just take an image twice bigger then yours, added 9 layers, filled this layers with some random content and saved all this as PDN. Maybe 2-3 seconds. Reopening without problems.

Take a look at the folder, where the file is saved. Any special characteristics?

4 hours ago, AramUEA said:

I am not asking for a solution anymore, i just want this bug fixed.

Is that just an oxymoron? Or are you not asking, because you're demanding?

Howdy @AramUEA, it would help if you could troubleshoot this further.

An easy way the eliminate a lot of external causes is to run paint.net in Windows Safe Mode. If you don't encounter the issue while in Safe Mode, then it is most likely caused by some 3rd-party software.

Let us know how that goes.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@AramUEAwe understand frustration, believe me. Please be mindful that the program developer, the plugin authors, the forum administrators & the moderators as well as other very helpful forumers are volunteers. Please be respectful of the time they put into creating all of this for free. 

Honestly, 30 minutes is not that long to spend on creating an image but when you have something that you love you really don't want to lose it. 

It seems that maybe you are running out of memory. Without anything else running in the background, like music or youtube - AVG should be fine as I run that too.

Try this:

1. Open a new canvas to the dimensions that you require.

2. Now, yes, right now, save it - .PDN is what you need to save it as.

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the save window so we can see your configurations?

Does it get stuck on there too?

Let's see by the process of elimination what we can do to help you.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

On 18/01/2018 at 10:09 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Tell us exactly what did just prior to this alert.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/1/2018 at 8:31 AM, AramUEA said:

Okay, this is getting very annoying.

I am not asking for a solution anymore, i just want this bug fixed.  I kill paint.net while MANY projects that i worked so hard on and forgot to save are open.

Now, 30 minutes after i kill it, i take a long time drawing something, and when i finish i try to save and the save configuration is stuck on <No cursing.>ing saving again

please, please, PLEASE fix this in a later patch, it's so annoying!

Yeah, it happened to me. Your work is probably gone by now and I'm sorry.

However, I found a fix. Simply click the image's small window (the one at the tool bar) and click ctrl + c. Then you should be able to paste it in another image editor or paint.net itself (I suggest you use another one, because you cannot trust your image is copied).

Sadly, this only works fully if your layers are together, otherwise, you would only copy a single layer.

Hope I helped you and whoever is reading this.