Saving an enlarged image.

rcoombs

I have an image from My Documents file open in PDN. I want to see more detail so I resize it to 200% of the original. When I save it - it reverts to the original size. How can I save the resized image? Thanks for any help.

Are you just zooming, not resizing? Zooming, such as moving the slider in the lower right corner, won't resize the image. It just shows a magnified view. To resize,, use Image>Resize or the shortcut key, Ctrl+R.

EDIT: What toe_head2001 said.

Thanks to both. I have done both of the options you suggest and cannot get the magnified, enlarged, image saved in its new form.  If I magnify an image using the zoom slider, it it not possible to save the 'zoomed' image? R.

11 minutes ago, rcoombs said:

If I magnify an image using the zoom slider, it it not possible to save the 'zoomed' image?

Not the way you think. It's only ZOOM. The image content stay the same without change.

Of course you can make a screenshot of the zoom, paste it as a new image, crop the application window with menus away and save it.

If you watch a lizard under your magnifying glass, the lizard is still the same size, he only LOOKS bigger. If you want Godzilla, you have to make nuclear bomb tests ;)

Edited by IRON67
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you IRON67 for that input. I understand what you are saying. To continue the discussion - if I resize the image using Ctrl+R can I then save the new enlarged image?  I tried it yesterday but the result was a copy of my original!!! R.

13 minutes ago, rcoombs said:

if I resize the image using Ctrl+R can I then save the new enlarged image?

Of course! You changed the image dimensions or the number of pixels and you have a new, bigger content. That is the meaning of RESIZE.

12 hours ago, IRON67 said:

If you watch a lizard under your magnifying glass, the lizard is still the same size, he only LOOKS bigger.

^ brilliant.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Good Evening;

Google found this forum with the same problem;  I have done both of the options you suggest and cannot get the magnified, enlarged, image saved in its new form." 

This Version of Paint came with Windows 10.  View is in a white bar above a section of a gray bar that in the upper left of screen has a section with Resize.  Clicking Resize gives a box with Resize and Skew at the top.  To the right part of this box are circles to select Percentage or Pixles.  Both Percentage and Pixels can make the PAINT image larger or smaller.  Saving the 'resized' image as a picture--jpeg for instance -- from  either Percentage or Pixels gives an image which opens to the size of the ORIGINAL image.

Perhaps this is an Improvement by Microsoft of the Windows 10 Paint?  Perhaps there is now another step needed.  Have resorted to the 'zoomed screen-shot' but this IS Windows and archived disks, camera, and scanner Should still work but Microsoft Insists that Win10  is a wonderful and Good thing.