You can use the two selected colors (Primary and Secondary) in reverse order by using the right mouse button to drag out the shape.

REF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ShapeTools.html#12

• Upvote 1

The star will be surrounded by a square of eight nodes, which are small circles. To change the size and proportions of the star, left click on one of the nodes, then move the mouse with the button held down. If you hold down the shift key on the keyboard when you create and resize the star, it will maintain its original proportions, and just change size.

I suggest you read the tutorial, though it does seem to be missing information on resizing.

EDIT: The tutorial does say: "The draggable control nubs transform the shape. Click and drag these to relocate them. Dragging one nub over the one diametrically opposite has the effect of flipping the shape." So the information is there, although it may be slightly hard to find.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MJW said:

The star will be surrounded by a square of eight nodes, which are small circles. To change the size and proportions of the star, left click on one of the nodes, then move the mouse with the button held down. If you hold down the shift key on the keyboard when you create and resize the star, it will maintain its original proportions, and just change size.

I suggest you read the tutorial, though it does seem to be missing information on resizing.

EDIT: The tutorial does say: "The draggable control nubs transform the shape. Click and drag these to relocate them. Dragging one nub over the one diametrically opposite has the effect of flipping the shape." So the information is there, although it may be slightly hard to find.

Thanks for your answer. Another user just said "read the tutorial." Obviously the tutorial did not help me or I would not be asking. 

Appreciate it! 

Stacey

P.S. I could not get those nodes to appear. I had to delete the star and re-post it in order to get the nodes to appear. 

9 hours ago, stacey_mcstationary said:

I could not get those nodes to appear. I had to delete the star and re-post it in order to get the nodes to appear.

As soon as you "finish" the shape, the nodes disappear, and the shape can no longer be edited. You can use Edit>Undo (or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Z) to undo the finishing step, so you can resume modifying the shape. Of course, any changes made after the finishing step must also be undone.

The shape is finished when you press Enter or click the Finish button in the Tool Bar, or when you do almost anything that dosen't involve moving or resizing the shape. It's easy to accidentally finish a shape by clicking in the wrong place, so using Undo is useful.

• Upvote 1