Changing a colour wherever it appears

Met a guy who'd Photoshop on his PC, and he showed me a few things it does. One feature was that he could select a colour that appeared in several places in an image and change that colour to another in one action. with no need to use the colour fill tool. To make this completely clear about what I mean, in the attached image, which is a drawing of mine that, after scanning, was coloured in Pnet, the woman's coat and hat are blue. With Photoshop I could change both the coat and hat to another colour in one action, and even if it were a picture with one colour appearing in many places,  all would be changed in that action. I should have asked him what this process is called. Is it possible to do this in Pnet? 

girl with phone.png

There are several ways to do this.  The easiest of which is like this:

1. Click on the magic wand tool: :MagicWandTool:

2. Shift-Click in the blue area

3. Choose a new color in the color docker window :WindowColors:

4. Press the Backspace key on your keyboard

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, artyjon said:

the method you mentioned does require the magic wand to be applied to each area where the colour change is wanted.

Not so; you can change the Fill Mode to Global.

floodmodes.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, artyjon said:

Thanks to both for your help, but BoltBait, the method you mentioned does require the magic wand to be applied to each area where the colour change is wanted. The method Pratyush mentioned works on every area you want the colour changed.

In step 2, I said to "Shift-Click" the blue area. If you hold down the shift key while clicking in the blue area, it will only take 1 click. 

I've got the idea now, thanks to all of you for your help. There's one more trick that I was shown in Photoshop, and that's to remove part of a picture, (I know how to do that) do some alterations in the removed part, and then merge it back into the original. So, in the pic I attached to my first post, if I wanted to change the colour of part of the light blue background, can I do this in Paintnet? I know I could draw a black line to make a boundary of where I want the the different colours to be, flood fill one part with a new colour and then use the paint brush to get rid of the line, but in a more complex image this would be difficult. In PS you can remove part of a pic, work on it, and then put it back into the original with a perfect fit.