LionsDragon

How NOT to start the year (rant)

So last night, the Lion was taking me to my "day job" when some dimbulb turned and smashed right into us. @DragonsLion is okay. The car is a total loss, and I have bruised ribs/torso.

I was supposed to have a follow-up with our doctor today, but the taxi never showed up and I just wasn't up for rescheduling. At least I can take a deep breath without screaming, which is more than I can say for how I felt last night.

And don't worry--I used to be an emergency medic, plus I have dealt with a broken rib...so I know how to care for an injury like this. This is just...AAAARRRGH!!!!!

Couldn't that woman pay attention to what she was doing?!? "Distracted by a food truck." Lady, I was on that same street and didn't see a food truck anywhere. I hope her insurance premium goes through the roof. :P

*deep breath* *winces slightly* Okay, I feel (somewhat) better now. I'm wearing my favorite sweater just for cheer points.

• Like 1

@LionsDragon ...glad the both of you are okay.  But it is an awful way to start the new year.  Wishing you a speedy recovery my friend...:lightning:

• Like 1

Oh dear! We sure are glad you are not more seriously hurt. Hopefully you can rest up & take it easy. Speedy recovery. 

• Like 1

Any accident after which you can still post on the Internet is a good accident ;) . In this sense: get well soon!

Edited by IRON67

Oh Dear .......... so sorry about the crash ....... so glad you are both okay though :D@IRON67 is correct - if you can still post on the internet it is a good accident ;).

Take care of yourselves .... cars are replaceable but you are not!

<3 Dear @LionsDragon! Thank God! Main thing did not happen to you. Material damage can be replaced, but not people's lives. I wish you get well soon! bete_N.gif

@Eli, @lynxster4, @barbieq25, @PranavJH, @Pixey, and @Seerose, thank you all for the good wishes!

@IRON67, thank you for the good wishes and the perspective check! :)

Healing, steadily; still have to be cautious, and sneezing is now my worst fear. I firmly believe this forum and PDN itself are helping by keeping me upbeat.

*gentle hugs to everyone*

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

So glad you are steadily improving @LionsDragon.  I too have had a bad start to 2018 .............. I agree with you that being able to distract myself with working on this forum, is medicine in itself :D

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:  Got a nice insurance settlement out of it, at least.  With that, we could replace (and upgrade!) the car.  Under the mazelike "no fault" laws of this state, there are limits to what I can personally get from the other party, short of lawyering up, which is not really necessary in this case; my insurance can always subrogate the deductible from the other driver's insurance, and I'm sure they will. 

In any case, replacement car floats down the road like nobody's business, so we're good.  Thanks everyone for your heartfelt support - is what makes the PDN community second to none!

• Upvote 1