Suggestion: add free cavas rotations functionality

Eduquint

Hi!

I would like to suggest a new feature, if I may.

I use PaintNet daily. The only feature that I really miss is the free canvas rotation. The 90º steps do not cover all the common needs.

The reason is that sometimes I scan a document and it is a bit skewed and needs to be realigned for only a few degrees.

In these cases, I have to close PaintNet and use another product to be able to do so. 

If I could freely rotate the canvas, to one decimal degree precision, e.g.: 2.5º, I would do the complete work inside PaintNet.

This would make this exceptional product even more useful.

Thanks for your superb product.

Eduardo Quintana

I thought you could do this although it's not very apparent. If you hold the mouse (using the Move Selected Pixels tool) anywhere right outside the selection edge an angle symbol should appear You can then do custom angles of your selection until it looks just right.

image.png.e92f47a73a7a51f7f98014caf629cb51.png

image.png.ce486926a386d846fed426f4b591219a.png

Edited by SodiumEnglish

3 hours ago, SodiumEnglish said:

I thought you could do this although it's not very apparent. If you hold the mouse (using the Move Selected Pixels tool) anywhere right outside the selection edge an angle symbol should appear You can then do custom angles of your selection until it looks just right.

Select all with Ctrl + A, activate the Move Tool with M, right mouse click & drag to rotate.