3D and metallic colors

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a picture in 3D?  There are pictures that we would like to have in 3D for a children's book.  Also, we want to use strong metallic colors. We tried using the color picker and haven't been successful. Any help with this would be appreciated.

@LauraAnn, the colors that RMSTITANIC and welshblue gave you are the base colors for the metal. You can load the palettes, or cut-and-paste the RGB codes (such as EFFDFF) into the Color Menu. Those colors are the starting points to producing metallic effects. Coloring an object with them won't make the object look metallic; that's impossible. Metal objects look metallic because of the bright highlights from reflected light sources, and because of the reflections from their surroundings.

Take a look at the Tutorials. There are a number of Text tutorials on producing metallic effects. Most of the techiques are applicable to any metal object, not just text. Also look at the gold jewelry tutorials.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I have been trying to follow the different tutorials on metallic colors and 3D effects. We have downloaded several plugs in. We need these functions for only certain sections of our photos not the entire photo. Can anyone recommend simple tutorials for metallic colors and 3D effects for this? 

If you can provide a few examples of what you're trying to achieve, you'll have a considerably better chance of getting a useful reply. Obviously I mean examples done by other people, not you. You might be able to find some using a Google (or other search engine) image search. As it is, I'm probably not alone in having no clue about what you hope to do.