welshblue

Stamped Metal text

I love this <3 method - thank you.  I am gonna have to play with it some more.  Obviously the black in the middle of an image/text is very important to get it to bevel.

wXBzqE8.png

• Like 6

@Pixey I'm currently in bed looking at this on my kindle almost hoping the insomnia kicks in so I can look at your image full size sooner. It looks stunning.

Thanks and glad you like it.  There's a couple of interesting variations by moving some sliders, ticking some boxes that will be easier to show with a video ... Will get it done tomorrow after Christmas shopping

Edited by welshblue

13 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I like the texture!! :lol:

I wonder why ?  Always nice to see our babies do things :D

Thanks mate

@Pixey ... I knew even from a small screen it was going to be a corker.  I love what you've done.  It looks like a long lost artefact 

In reply to your question/ statement, it's more the Splinter for the bevel.  Running it 2 or 3 times gives a bigger bevel which can look nice depending on the starting image/fonts .

But not very nice on some

One thing I have been using of late that you might like: instead of Ctrl + A and Ctrl + C (after Effects > Blur > Splinter), try Ctrl + Shift + C (copy merged). It does the Select All and the Copy in one shot. I know it's hardly earth-shattering, but I've found it quite a useful shortcut.

<3 @welshblue! WOW! A very  nice christmas surprise. 

Thank you so much for your effort and for sharing. :coffee:  :cake:  

22_Dezember17.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 3

Your tutorial is Awesome welshblue.

This is off topic, but thanks to this thread, I've discovered that Planatoid is a great texture generator...

mzSF1FU.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dipstick said:

I can't run Texture Shader on my system. The best I can do is with Engrave / Emboss.

Well, you could hardly produce a more effective image than the one you did, but Maximilian did make a version of Texture Shader that will run on old systems. It's slightly different, but has almost all the same features.

EDIT: I'm curious about how when using Engrave/Emboss you combined the metal texture with the lighting.

@dipstick ... both nice results, I especially like the second one.  

If you set the text layer to Multiply, then run TGAngle at -90 direction, play with Blend Modes you can sort of emulate the finished result, it's just not as defined.  

Planetoid as I've said somewhere before is Clouds on steroids as is Texture Shader to all the other stylize plugins.  They all work basically the same, it'[s the added extras that work well with textures

And thanks

@lynxster4 ... really nice.  Love the whole metallic vibe with it.  Very effective.  Yeah it does go beyond text.  It's one of those techniques that surprises me the more I play ... and I wrote the tutorial :lol:

@Seerose.  Love that.  The patina - the shines, it's like you could run your finger over the grooves.

@Ego Eram Reputo ... thanks for the tip.  Plus you and @Woodsy for the PDF

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2