Paint.Net is excellent software and not bloatware

Hello.

I saw the minimum system requirements for Paint.Net and was shocked by this.
System requirements:

• Windows 7 SP1 or newer (Windows 10 recommended)
  • CPU: 1GHz processor (dual-core recommended)
  • RAM: 1GB

I compared the system requirements of Paint.Net with the system requirements of the operating system Windows XP Professional.
System requirements:

• CPU: Pentium 233 MHz (Pentium 300 MHz recommended)
  • RAM: 64 MB (128 MB recommended)

I compared the system requirements of Paint.Net with the system requirements of Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
System requirements:

• CPU: Pentium class III
  • RAM: 128 MB (192MB recommended)

Windows XP has 10,000 times more functionality than Paint.Net.
Photoshop 7 has several times more functionality than Paint.Net.
But Windows XP and Photoshop 7 have system requirements 5-7 times smaller than Paint.Net.

The developers of Paint.Net, it's just a shame. Where did you learn to program? The developers of Paint.Net, you need not to be engaged in programming.
Remove your program so you do not shame before all the people on the planet. Or rewrite your program so that it does not have such high requirements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

3 hours ago, Antony said:

Where did you learn to program?

Are you LOOKING to get banned?! :D

Listen, the platform requirements of paint.net are there for a reason.

The OS requirements are there because previous OS's do not have the specific libraries that paint.net requires.

The RAM requirement is there because having less memory available will affect the size of images you can edit (especially on 32-bit systems).

And, the suggestion of a dual core processor is there because, unlike Photoshop, paint.net is designed to take advantage of multi-cores when they exist within a system.

Your troll game is weak. Go back to your mother's basement.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

With the change of OS, also comes change in requirements for the softwares for that OS. If you really want to use paint.net on a weak pc, then try the previous versions. Please don't spread hate. 

Nobody I know here uses paint.net on a very underpowered pc. The minimum RAM is atleast 2gb for every laptop of this generation. You can get 1 for 150$.

And why do you compare a newer version of paint.net with a very old version of photoshop and windows os?

Compare it with today's photoshop and you will think the requirements for this are very less

Edited by PranavJH
  • Like 1

Let's compare apples to apples.  Here are the current requirements for photoshop (where did they learn to code?!):

System requirements | October 2017 (19.0) release of Photoshop CC

Windows

• Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
  • Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
  • 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended)
  • 2.6 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 32-bit installation; 3.1 GB or more of available hard-disk space for 64-bit installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system)
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB or more of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*
  • OpenGL 2.0-capable system
  • Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.**

Features that won't work without a GPU

If your graphics processor is unsupported or its driver is defective, the following Photoshop features won't work:

• 3D
  • Oil Paint
  • Render – Flame, Picture Frame, and Tree
  • Scrubby Zoom
  • Birds Eye View
  • Flick Panning
  • Smooth Brush Resizing
  • Like 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

3 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Go back to your mother's basement

One of the best comebacks I've heard in many a while

... I wonder if they made their avatar in PDN or plagiarised one :/

1 hour ago, toe_head2001 said:

In the slim chance he is being serious... well, Ignorance and Arrogance go hand-in-hand

What a dangerous combination ... 

• Like 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery

Russian spam. Anybody's guess who is paying them for writing this stuff. Don't feed them.

Oh, and I've changed the thread title to endorse paint.net :mrgreen:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, IRON67 said:

Very funny. XP is outdated and without security support since 3 years. Your ranting is obsolete as XP and Photoshop 7 (2002).

I'm not talking about Windows XP and its security support. Windows XP and Photoshop are just examples.
Read carefully and do not take the conversation aside.
I'm talking about the fact that program 1 has much more functionality than program 2. But program 1 has much lower system requirements than program 2.

21 hours ago, IRON67 said:

Shame on you.

I have nothing to do with Paint.Net. I did not write a program that has significantly higher system requirements than similar programs.
And besides, if I wrote a graphic editor that requires 1 GB of RAM, I would never publish this program to avoid disgracing myself.

20 hours ago, BoltBait said:

The OS requirements are there because previous OS's do not have the specific libraries that paint.net requires.

The RAM requirement is there because having less memory available will affect the size of images you can edit (especially on 32-bit systems).

And, the suggestion of a dual core processor is there because, unlike Photoshop, paint.net is designed to take advantage of multi-cores when they exist within a system.

Programmers with low professional level will always find justifications to shortcomings of the programs instead of just well writing the program.

18 hours ago, PranavJH said:

With the change of OS, also comes change in requirements for the softwares for that OS. If you really want to use paint.net on a weak pc, then try the previous versions.

This is a lie and propaganda, thrust into your head by modern insane marketers.

Please don't spread hate.

Low professional programmers themselves by their bad programs create a hatred for them.
If Paint.Net was worthy of praise, I would praise him, and not criticize.

Nobody I know here uses paint.net on a very underpowered pc. The minimum RAM is atleast 2gb for every laptop of this generation. You can get 1 for 150$.

The power of hardware grows and becomes cheaper for new useful tasks, and not for it to be wasted by bloated software.

And why do you compare a newer version of paint.net with a very old version of photoshop and windows os?

Compare it with today's photoshop and you will think the requirements for this are very less

I also criticize the latest version of Photoshop for the overstated system requirements.

20 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Your troll game is weak. Go back to your mother's basement.

16 hours ago, welshblue said:

One of the best comebacks I've heard in many a while

... I wonder if they made their avatar in PDN or plagiarised one 

14 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Russian spam. Anybody's guess who is paying them for writing this stuff. Don't feed them.

14 hours ago, Pixey said:

Those Ruskies are everywhere

11 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

Early candidate for the WEOMPA award.

These are not serious arguments. Let's discuss constructively overestimated system requirements of Paint.Net, but we won't turn discussion into circus.

48 minutes ago, Antony said:

Windows XP and Photoshop are just examples.

Yeah. Bad examples. You have the right answers to your trolling. Deal with it. You have failed to give any constructively argument. Seeing forward and awaiting your ban.

On 11/30/2017 at 5:17 PM, Antony said:

Remove your program so you do not shame before all the people on the planet. Or rewrite your program so that it does not have such high requirements.

You are telling this like all people on this planet use paint.net and it's going to annihilate and toast their PC's 

AND, if you didn't like paint.net, then uninstall it, no need to argue using examples of old programs. It's depended on the people, they can download whatever program they want, you cannot change their decision, be it a bloatware or not, Period

Edited by PranavJH
2 hours ago, PranavJH said:

AND, if you didn't like paint.net, then uninstall it, no need to argue using examples of old programs

This :arrow-up:

You come on insulting a man who has given over how many hours of his life to give a great programme available to all ... how do you think people are going to react ?

Not to mention the plugin authors who provide things free of charge - and you want to compare it to a Multi National with how many people behind them ?

It is what it is - does what it says and if it's not for you - open control panel and don't use it. 

No need for the hate or insults.  It's like someone coming into your bedroom and urinating on your bed

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

free-sig.png

... Blue 'Til I Die ...

My Gallery