Plugin suggestions

Hello! 

I can't believe I had not found this earlier.... I've been using Paint.net for a long time and I had never seen the forum or the plugins. Thanks to all developers for your great work!! 

I have no knowledge of illustration, and the directory is a bit overwhelming so I'm turning to the community for a piece of advice: 

My main use of Paint.net of to create grid patterns for embroidery and weaving from images. I'm looking for a plug in selection that would allow me to turn an image (line art of silhouettes) into a "pixelated" form where each cell is 1/8 in by 1/8th in, like if I would be drawing it in graph paper. 

For example, my latest project is to turn the attached image into a grid of 96 by 96 cells, each of the previous size

What would you recommend for this?? 

Thank you! 

ansteorran_star.jpg

1 hour ago, Francisca said:

I'm looking for a plug in selection that would allow me to turn an image (line art of silhouettes) into a "pixelated" form where each cell is 1/8 in by 1/8th in, like if I would be drawing it in graph paper. 

Why can't you just use the Pixelate effect?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

3 hours ago, Francisca said:

Because that distorts the image too much if I try for big cells, like this 

But you said the cells would be 1/8th of an inch.

You need to resize the image by like 1,000%, and then run Pixelate. That should do what you want... if I understand you correctly. ;)

(1,000% is just an example. You need to do the math based on the individual images.)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab