How to Install Plugins ×

Filter Forge 7.0 is released

I'm glad to announce that Filter Forge 7.0 is released. It supports Paint.NET as Filter Forge 6.0 used to.

Price: $149 - $399 (regular price)

$37 - $99 (now at a  75% discount)

Here's how it looks when Filter Forge is installed and working. I'll add a simple tutorial below in the comments.

oRhRnq.md.png

All the new features with descriptions are on our site but I'll list them here as well.

For all the users:

1. We've made Filter Forge faster by improving sample caching. 

2. Copy and paste images between Filter Forge and any graphic editor. So now you literally don't need official host support to comfortably work with Filter Forge and your favorite graphic editor.

3. Generate and preview all active channels during rendering and export all of them to files at once.

For filter authors:

1. Instant component search will help you to find and add any component faster and easier.

2. We refreshed 47 existing components, made their list and slider inputs mappable. Now there's even less boundaries for your creativity.

Try all these new features -- you can download a free 30-day fully-functional trial on our site -- and let us know what you think.

tw.jpg

Edited by filterforge

Please NOTE: Filter Forge is a standalone program and a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that allows you to build your own filters.

It costs between $37 and $350. They do have a trial (date limited) download.

Filter Forge is used to create filters that run under the plugin PSFilterPdn by user @null54 (download that here):

• BoltBait changed the title to Spam Forge 7.0 is released
  • BoltBait locked this topic
  • BoltBait unlocked this topic
On 17.11.2017 at 8:52 PM, BoltBait said:

Please NOTE: Filter Forge is a standalone program and a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that allows you to build your own filters.

It costs between $37 and $350. They do have a trial (date limited) download.

Filter Forge is used to create filters that run under the plugin PSFilterPdn by user @null54 (download that here):

Thank you for the additions. To have Filter Forge working with Paint.NET you don't necessarily need to download the PSFilterPdn plugin. We've included it to our installer so Filter Forge installs smoothly and without any help.

Though we should tell  @null54 thanks because his plugin made the official support possible.

A simple and quick guide on how to use Filter Forge.

1. Open any image in Paint.Net

2. Go to Effects -> 8bf Filter -> Filter Forge 7 - > Run Filter

oRhMa8.md.png oRhnTm.md.png

3. Now you see Filter Forge 7 window with your image in it. You can choose any filter from the upper left area. But I'd recommend you to start with Watercolor Painting: you can find it in the Effects -> Creative folder or with the help of the search line. 

oRhRnq.md.png

4. When you found an appropriate filter or just found Watercolor Painting -- click Apply. You get a result like this:

o40W5P.jpg

By the way, nice to meet you. That's me and my family.

5. When you are bored to use all the preinstalled filters, go to our Filter Library. There are 12k+ effects and textures to explore. 

That was the simples way to use Filter Forge. But it also can generate procedural textures, patterns, it has tons of frames and you can create any type of the filter yourself usinf the Filter Editor (don't be shy, it is node-based).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

beforeafter_wreath.jpg

One more idea -- how to create a decorated background using Filter Forge

1. Create a new image.

2. Fill it with any color you like.

3. Paint a nice nonsense with a couple of matching colors.

4. Open Filter Forge and apply Sketchy Painting (download it here).

5a156768a751e_tut_decoratedbackground.jpg.5d0f95b1604e73ace928655ca94e4221.jpg

You can experiment with other filters: 

Gouache by Mike Blackney

Mess Painter by lipebianc

Paint HDRtist by lipebianc

Van Gogh Flow Impasto by Darrell Plank

Dabber v0.7 by Skybase

Patterned Dithering by inujima

I have to say this is an impressive bit of kit!

Filter Forge lets you create and edit filters using a pretty powerful set of tools.

Not feeling up to making your own? There is a huge online library of filters which can be browsed and applied from within the plugin.

Filter Forge runs in paint.net under null54's PSFilterPDN plugin (included as part of the FF download). FF also runs as a a standalone Windows app.