Rawfile.dll error message.

Johnnyallen

First, I am new to your forum and not sure if I'm doing this right. Second, Malwarebytes is blocking some stuff from you. ????

I downloaded a raw file reader. After extracting the files, It shows up as RAWfile.dll in the paint.net file types.

When trying to upload a .nef file to paint.net, I get an error message and this:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SiphonStream' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Base, Version=4.19.6484.39094, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at RAWFile.RAWFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

What do I do???

1 hour ago, Johnnyallen said:

Malwarebytes is blocking some stuff from you.

What stuff specifically?

1 hour ago, Johnnyallen said:

When trying to upload a .nef file to paint.net, I get an error message ...

Sounds like you're using an older Raw plugin that was made in the days of paint.net v3.

Which one are you using?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I'm using Paint v4.0.19.

When I Googled paint.net plug-ins for RAW files, I went to some of the links and clicked on a download and it got blocked. I don't remember which ones exactly. Even Chrome blocked a download.

I did download one awhile back that didn't even show any .NEF files in the RAW folder that I created. It said the folder was empty.

The one I that is showing all my raw files is RawFileType.zip. This is the one that actually shows all my .NEF files but won't import. It shows the error message that I copied and pasted in the forum.

Anyway, I went to my download folder and scanned and extracted files from RawFileType.zip.. I believe I had to manually move  to the File Types folder for Paint.

If this is an older plugin, can you suggest one that works. It's frustrating because I can't seem to find something that works and I don't want to pay $170 for Photoshop Lightroom (yet)

Google shows a link to RAWFile_binary.zip. Your thoughts on this one.

Thank you for your response. Any suggestions for a plug-in will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Johnnyallen

4 minutes ago, Johnnyallen said:

When I Googled paint.net plug-ins for RAW files, I went to some of the links and clicked on a download and it got blocked. I don't remember which ones exactly. Even Chrome blocked a download.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28270-megalo-virus/

4 minutes ago, Johnnyallen said:

If this is an older plugin, can you suggest one that works.

Try one of these:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/30007-raw-file-for-paintnet-403/

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/109057-rawfilelab-raw-file-reader-with-non-intrusive-dcraw-gui-nov-2017/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

The last link @toe_head2001 gave you is the most recently released. The one you had was this one: RawFileType.

If neither of those open your files then your chances of opening them decreases dramatically. Still, it might be worth trying older versions. The complete list from youngest to oldest is....

RAWFile LAB operamint A dcraw based RAWFile plugin with an advanced GUI. Requires 64-bit dcraw.exe to be downloaded, renamed and placed in Filetypes folder.

RAW FileType null54 This is a DCRaw-based raw filetype. Uses the latest incarnation of DCRaw.

RAW File cefoot paint.net 4.x version of RAW File. Note: this is a file reader, so there is no option to save in the RAW format.

Rawload v1.0 avatare Load *.raw files with metadata using the Windows Imaging Component and preserving the image metadata.

RAW File Pebal Dcraw based raw file reader. A paint.net 4.x version has been released: Raw File

RawReader Ivn Dcraw based RAW file reader. DCRaw has been recompiled as a *.dll (32 and 64 bit).

RawLoader rpetrich Decode RAW camera images and make them available for use in paint.net. Requires use of installer or plugin + DCRaw.exe. Download links are not working.

BINGO. RAWFile_binary.zip worked. It takes awhile to load, but so what.

Also, I had to go back to a tutorial that I had 'cause I might have been extracting the files incorrectly.

Thanks guys for your help, it's off to the races now.