(v4.0.19) - Missing part of application at the top of the screen.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with this version, or something on my end. What is happening is that the top portion down to half of the icons are not being rendered. In face, if I click my mouse in the top area, it seems like it's clicking on the desktop (thus the winmerge icon). Is there any way to download older versions? I'm using Windows 10, and also have development software installed on this PC (Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server 2016, etc.). Interestingly enough, the same thing is also happening to Microsoft Paint, but no with any other applications.

image.thumb.png.dc5b2b30226f40370b8dabfff37ba813.png

EDIT: I do have a workaround for this. I have a 3 monitor setup (it's the middle monitor that is causing issues). I moved another window to the edge of the middle monitor with allowed me to select the Paint.net window to display side-by-side, then the title bar appeared. I was able to move this to the other monitor and it works fine.

Edited by mdWebDev
edit for MS Paint info.

• 1 month later...

That kind of window behavior is a bug on your end rather than paint.net. The paint.net window is an instance or subclass of a Window object with its own lower-level logic handled by Microsoft. I think paint.net is written in mostly winforms, so maybe other applications written with winforms would have this display issue in your setup. I don't know what technology MS Paint is made with. I can tell you that it's not an issue with paint.net.

I don't have much in the way of a remedy, but alt + space pulls up a small context menu in the top-left corner of the focused window, which allows you to max/minimize and change the size/location of window, or close it. If this doesn't always happen, maybe you can try that.

I do have the same problem under Windows 10. Although, this bug only appears in one of my monitor. The other monitor, the app displays as normal. It could be on Windows side or the video card (R9 285x) or the app itself. I don't know. But further investigation could be necessary.

PaintDotNet_2018-01-04_09-58-55.png

Edited by el_pablo

• 2 years later...

Hi @ilyashap Welcome to the forum.

If you have an issue, please start a new thread (this one is several versions old). Give us your system specs, version (hint: you should be using the latest release), and a detailed description of the issue (and not "screwy" which is open to interpretation :) ).