Seeking advice on making text inside Greeting Cards

Hi all.  I'm trying to create greeting cards and I've been having challenges finding an effective and efficient way to create text that is centered both vertically and horizontally.  I've tried using plugins that are supposed to do it, but they don't seem to align properly.

Once created, does paint.net allow templates to be created and if so how?

Thank you.

Templates : If you mean creating templates as in Powerpoint or Publisher the answer is NO. Paint.net does not create text or image boxes. What I mean is that you can not just change the image or text by clicking their boxes.

Alignment : What alignment pluging are you using?

If these are physical cards that are going to be printed, I don't recommend using paint.net for this task.

By all means use paint.net on the images that may be used on the cards, but everything else should be done in a different program. At least in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, madog31 said:

I've tried using plugins that are supposed to do it, but they don't seem to align properly.

Please elaborate. Perhaps you're not using the plugins correctly.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, madog31 said:

Once created, does paint.net allow templates to be created and if so how?

Once you have made and are happy with your text, you can save this "text layer" as a .png and use it again in another card project, by simply importing it as a new layer.

HFuQlot.png

16 minutes ago, MJW said:

I've used Paint.Net for quite a few printed greeting cards. Seems to work fine for me.

Sure it will work, but there are programs that are much better suited for printing tasks. Makes it easy for the layman.

Vector based text... even at 600 dpi, raster text can still have fuzzy borders.

Automatic bleed margin configurations.

Templates

ect.

Edited by toe_head2001

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab