Make cousin Itt

HoopDogg

I am trying to edit a picture for Halloween of my wife (with her permission btw).  She has long hair, past elbows, but it needs to be waist length or longer and additional width to fully obscure her to appear as cousin Itt in the picture.  What is the best method to accomplish this?  I have tried copying sections and using cut/paste I get something close to what I want but the edges are not blending together well due to slight color or thickness variations.

just a beginner, but finding the tool very useful and the community around it very engaged.  Being in software for 40+ years, it's interesting to see something very similar to what you saw in early days of home computer software communities.

It sound like you are having fun. :) Maybe I can help you...

I will be using this image and the Furblur effect.

6efe6b4dd6d804b3eb0ed3cf16f4a251--turquo

Duplicate the background and erase everything except the hair on the new layer.cusin-hair-5355aec.png

Use the Furblur effect and adjust your settings as needed.

cusin-hair-01-5355b0c.png

You can repeat the steps (erase and Furblur) till you get what you need. 

Edited by Eli

33 minutes ago, HoopDogg said:

I am trying to edit a picture for Halloween of my wife (with her permission btw).  She has long hair, past elbows, but it needs to be waist length or longer and additional width to fully obscure her to appear as cousin Itt in the picture.  What is the best method to accomplish this?  I have tried copying sections and using cut/paste I get something close to what I want but the edges are not blending together well due to slight color or thickness variations.

just a beginner, but finding the tool very useful and the community around it very engaged.  Being in software for 40+ years, it's interesting to see something very similar to what you saw in early days of home computer software communities.

Try using Smudge.