I'm working on rotating the texture (as promised long ago).

Here's something to keep you all playing.....

WovenPhoto95

Find it in Effects > test

Known issues:

1. The antialiasing at some angles is truly awful :P
  2. If your image is more than 10x the strip width you'll run off the edge of the texture (can we say "bug"??) :lol:

More to come.....

• Like 2

Hi,

Having :

-strip width to 20

-Spacing to 0

-Rotation to 30-60 (must be non-zero)

and Shadows Thickness sliding from 20 to 1 :

Exception details:

System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.

at WovenPhoto95Effect.WovenPhoto95EffectPlugin.Render

• Upvote 1

I like birds too ... but I have a row for looking ;)

The angle chooser is a neat addition.

Some quick chain link fencing

chain_link.png

• Like 6

This looks like a great plugin and the examples posted are excellent. Unfortunately I can't test it because it won't run in PDN v3.5.11, which is the latest version I can run in Linux. Fortunately I've found a similar Weave filter in G'mic that has very similar outcomes.

Ck8KOC1.jpg 

e7qGVho.jpg

• Like 3

@dipstick ... that fence may not be PDN - but who cares when you've added even more atmosphere to an already atmospheric image.

I like that a lot.  There's something perversely beautiful about pollution :roll:

Sorry mate ... not sure if I broke it ... to repro' open a new canvas, run the plugin on the settings below, and play with the Shadow Thickness  slider.  Be rough ...

woven_photo_fail.jpg

Weirdly, 3 different crash windows pop up depending on ... well not sure ... but these 3 popped up on different crashes

Spoiler

File: C:\Users\family\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects\WovenPhoto95.dll
      Name: WovenPhoto95Effect.WovenPhoto95EffectPlugin
      Version: 1.94.6528.31526
      Author: Copyright © Scott Stringer (aka Ego Eram Reputo)
      Copyright: Changes an image to look like it is printed onto a woven texture.
      Full error message: PaintDotNet.WorkerThreadException: Worker thread threw an exception ---> System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
   at WovenPhoto95Effect.WovenPhoto95EffectPlugin.Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
   at WovenPhoto95Effect.WovenPhoto95EffectPlugin.OnRender(Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect`1.Render(EffectConfigToken parameters, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\Effect`1.cs:line 97
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RenderWithClipMask(Effect effect, EffectConfigToken token, RenderArgs dstArgs, RenderArgs srcArgs, Rectangle[] rois, IRenderer`1 clipMaskRenderer) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 168
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderTile(EffectConfigToken token, Int32 tileIndex) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 148
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.RendererContext.RenderNextTile(EffectConfigToken token) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 141
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.ThreadFunction() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 233
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.DrainExceptions() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 418
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Abort() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 374
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.BackgroundEffectRenderer.Start() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Effects\BackgroundEffectRenderer.cs:line 320
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_4.<RunEffectImpl>b__2() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 982

wove_1.jpg

wove_3.jpg

wove2.jpg

Edited by welshblue

Thanks Welshy. I have a sneaking suspicion this might be something to do with how the numeric input boxes are acting strangely. I'll investigate. Until I find a fix, don't be so rough with my plugin :mrgreen:

This short video should show you the steps.  800 x 600 canvas ... I'm good at breaking it now :lol:

https://youtu.be/lZAZgfUmLe0

Sorry I didn't think of getting the crash log.

will break it again tomorrow ... my belly is going to explode tonight :greengrin:

Edited by welshblue
  • Upvote 1

If it's any help, it only seems to happen if you use the Angle option, take the strip width down to 20 and then move the Shadow thickness slider