26 minutes ago, welshblue said:

I was thinking of starting a S3D 101 thread, where people can swap xml files for simple things.

I think that is an excellent idea!  It may get people to experiment with Shape3D more.

I admit I haven't used it much in the past....not until your excellent tutorials!

Now, I see it can be very useful! 

EDIT: I will try the cupcake wrapper when the (3) images show up.  I think PostImage is having hiccups.

None of your tut images are showing up, either.

Edited by lynxster4
25 minutes ago, Seerose said:

A question: Can I also use the image? (Cupcake)

Of course.  Anyone can.  To me it's about sharing and everyone learning from the competitions ... 

Love the image.  The background is really great ... it adds atmosphere ... and your light beam is better than mine :D

@lynxster4 ... Weird about the images.  They're showing for me.  I'll have a word with @Ego Eram Reputo to see if it's OK to start a 101 thread

• Like 1
13 hours ago, welshblue said:

An example of how things can work below

Finally got the images.  I think it is my work computer...I never have this problem at home.

Very nice work!  I can only imagine how many hours you put in on these images so they look right in Shape3D.

TIP:  I used a negative number 'bulge' to get a 'shapely' liner.  Would also make a great votive candle holder!

ufo_02.png

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 3

@HELEN ... Heya ... Many thanks. Hope life is treating you as well as can be possible.  Great to see one of my biggest artistic inspirations

@Drydareelin ... Wow. Atmospheric much.  Really nice job of making it blend in like that.  Nice little touches of getting the light colours bouncing off the surroundings.  Great photo manipulation

@lynxster4 ... You've given me an idea for an image with that interpretation

14 hours ago, Pixey said:

BTW - how did you make the texture?  Trail

Gradients and then Tile Image.  You may have to play with Tile Image twice to get it as you want.  Don't check the join edges option.  Play with the width of the linear reflected gradient.  Also use the same colours on the gradients ... I used red here just to differentiate.  It's from an idea YM planted in my head years ago

Spoiler

case_texture.jpg

@HELEN ... always good to see you.  I can imagine the topsy turviness of life.  Big Hugs as always

On 06/10/2017 at 12:21 AM, lynxster4 said:

Glad I could provide some inspiration! 

Inspiration and execution are 2 different things.  Good ideas in my head aren't always good ideas in reality ... maybe why my nose is slightly crooked ... :lol:

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, welshblue said:

Gradients and then Tile Image.  You may have to play with Tile Image twice to get it as you want.  Don't check the join edges option.  Play with the width of the linear reflected gradient.  Also use the same colours on the gradients ... I used red here just to differentiate.  It's from an idea YM planted in my head years ago

Many thanks @welshblue :D.  YM .............Yes, a bell was ringing in my brain - knew it was familiar but couldn't recall where I'd seen it :doh:

@Woodsy ... I've started typing a couple of times but had to stop as I don't know where to start.  When I first saw it my face must have looked  like I'd just had an a**l probe ... Tremendous amount of thought and work - my hat off to you.  Love the way it shoots off to the right.  Stunningly good animation

--------------------------------------------------------

Tutorial updated after some slight confusion about which height map I was using (I wasn't sure either)  Now includes a link and screenshot to/of NormalMap Plus

• Upvote 1